Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tired of being quiet... again...lol... so ive come up with the soulution of making a Scare the piss out ya loud exhaust system... and a get down the track fast exhaust system...

Now... working on the loud pipes... my plan is to run 2.5 straight piped... no cats... no mufflers... But what im thinking of doing is putting a H-pipe in close to the motor... then once the exhaust bend to go out the side make that one big x-pipe...

I dont care how it sounds really... just want to be loud, and equal pressure on both sides...

so my question is... has any one eve run a H-pipe and X-pipe in tandem before... or thought of it...

Im honestly thinking of doing it... i have the pipe laying around... just need to figure out how i want to run the pipes...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Why would you run a H pipe and a X pipe also? Just run an X in the middle if running only pipe. Then out the sides. OR just have a H pipe in front and then run the pipes to the stock side location. But its gonna be effin LOUD. It will be very loud if you still have stock manifolds.

You really should find a muffler that has a true X built into it and put that behind the manifolds and run the outlet parallel and out the original side.

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ thats what i have right now... its just to effin quiet... and i want to keep this current setup intact to throw on come race time... and inspection time...lol...

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but if i had the money to get another DI/DO with X-pipe in it... i would and run that cattless

·
Registered
793 Posts
OBX longtubes and catless mid pipe, jdm silver bullet cat-back=loud as sh*t! this is whats on my truck and I make babies cry at idle lol

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
i say get you some resonators right after the manifolds then the h-pipe and a 4in turndown right at the edge of your body kit on both sides.

im going to do a full custom duel side exit setup in the future after i do a fuel cell mod in the bed.......
going to be a h-pipe set up like your talking about but true equal length and also have a driverside exit peice for the body kit made.

there is a pic of a red L with that kind of set up somewhere around here on the forum.

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i say get you some resonators right after the manifolds then the h-pipe and a 4in turndown right at the edge of your body kit on both sides.
that would definitely be loud...lol...

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
HELL YEAH maybe even too loud for you....lol

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not sure about to loud... i know of a certain fox body around here... we would ride around at idle...and set car alarms off...lol

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is what i think my plan is... haha...

Stock manis, 2.5 in pipe... an into a h-pipe... then back and out the side like stock but once it bends to go out x-pipe it...

·
15,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
then if that isnt what i want... which im sure it will satisfy me... ill just run tru duals... no crossove pipes and sound like what i am.... lmao...

i swear thats all we usually run round here...

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
Here is what i think my plan is... haha...

Stock manis, 2.5 in pipe... an into a h-pipe... then back and out the side like stock but once it bends to go out x-pipe it...

sounds interesting, lets get 'er done...

·
Former Rowing Team.
11,845 Posts
Ill sugar coat my opinion. I think it's gonna sound like total shit. Raspy and like a wet fart towel flapping sound. Not tasteful at all. It's just gonna be LOUD. Not even a good loud because out exhaust isnt even length like a mustang. Just horrible sounding.

But hey! good luck with it man. Looks like you are the right track!

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Aside from sounding like shit, you will lose back pressure, which will result in loss of boost.

How bout you make it straight and all one color first??

·
AKA Mr. Breeze
4,291 Posts

im going to do a full custom duel side exit setup in the future after i do a fuel cell mod in the bed.......
going to be a h-pipe set up like your talking about but true equal length and also have a driverside exit peice for the body kit made.

there is a pic of a red L with that kind of set up somewhere around here on the forum.
You can probably find it on the other 2 sites. I believe it was Sal from PSP.

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
its gonna sound HORRIBLE and I will laugh at you everytime i see you and tell everyone YOU ARE GAY...

for real though .. it will sound like a hillbilly CHEVY.. yeeehaaaaaw...

Jeff since your school has a paint shop and i know Stevens will let you guys use it.. why not try and get that thing 1 color at least before f-ing it up

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
you want insane loud, and I do mean insane, to the point you sound like a top fuel dragster, and the floor board rattles till your legs go numb. then do what I did.

LT headers to 3" custom midpipe, to 3" cutouts.

With the cutouts open, my ****ing god!!!!

then I went from the cutouts to 3" pipe reduced to 2 1/2 to go into my bassani, not cats.

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
I ran my truck with no muffler, stock manifolds and all 4 cats. Idle sounded badass as did WOT but the drone at crusing speeds was so annoying that I had to get rid of it. I now run no rear cats and a DI/DO magnaflow muffler with internal X-pipe. THe sound is amazing, deep sound at idle and crusing around, not too loud either, WOT sounds badass too.

If you want really loud then just weld in some electric cutouts, this way you could have it loud when you want it and quiet when you need it.

·
Proudly Melting Faces Since 1994
1,868 Posts
you want insane loud, and I do mean insane, to the point you sound like a top fuel dragster, and the floor board rattles till your legs go numb. then do what I did.

LT headers to 3" custom midpipe, to 3" cutouts.

With the cutouts open, my ****ing god!!!!

then I went from the cutouts to 3" pipe reduced to 2 1/2 to go into my bassani, not cats.
I like this idea if I was going to do something like this. Best of both worlds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts