Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys today i was checking all the fluids on my MONSTER and evrything was OK untill I open the water reservoir and it looks like little oil film on the water!!!!!!!!:smt013:smt013:smt013:smt013,well i want to be sure and I stuck a shop towel and it did suck the oil :shocked003:shocked003 from the water.I know is not contamined it 'cause I changed the water like a three weeks ago.I'm hoping that I didn't lift one of the heads when i was racing yesterday.What u guys think about it ?.Joe:bigtu

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Monster as in Monster trans...

any way... just keep an eye on it unless you have milky oil... id say run he till she blows...jk

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
OHHHH NOOO, what did the oil look like? most of the time it is a two way street, I would drain the oil and let it sit for a hour or so and see if water forms at the surface.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
360 Posts
Use block check and see if there is any Hco's
Plus 1 or let it sit overnight and loosen the drain plug just till she starts to drip very slowly and see if there is coolant in the oil.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No water in the oil for now.I have the truck since new(7yrs).I just going to keep driving it .I already have most of the parts for a new built!!!.Thanks for all ur advice.Joe[smilie=3g

·
Registered
256 Posts
Omg, Joe... That avatar legal? Damn, I could floss my teeth with that damn thing between her ass....

·
Registered
320 Posts
My tuner has said numerous times that you will blow the motor usually before you blow a head gasket on these trucks. I dont know?

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
My tuner has said numerous times that you will blow the motor usually before you blow a head gasket on these trucks. I dont know?

Not true. Lifting a head gasket is very easy on our motors if you are boosting the hell out of it. Then again, blowing our motors is pretty easy also.

This are the pictures of the oil leak,what do you guys think?,I think is a oil cooler replacement time.Do u guys agree?.

If it is oil, the only spot that can really add that much oil into the cooling system is the oil cooler and the block to the cooler tube gasket. A headgasket really should not add any oil to the cooling system without adding a ton of coolant into the oil. A hydrocarbon tester will let you know if you are getting any exhaust vapors in the cooling system.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had been searching where to get or buy an engine cooler for the ''monster'' and I can't find nothing,nada,zero.Can anyone point me in the right direction?. Thanks.Joe[smilie=3g

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
What part exactly are you looking for?? Oil cooler, oil cooler to block gasket?

It will be damn near impossible to get the oil out of the cooling system.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really don't know what I need to replace(gasket,the whole part or kit),I just want to stop the oil leak into the cooling system and why (Ryde The) it will be impossible to clean all the oil from the system?,can you flush w/some degrease? .Thanks.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Oil and water don't mix well together. Oil normally intermixes with water and makes a nice kind of milkshake substance. That gunk sticks to surfaces and it is almost impossible to get it out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts