Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody just simply put ice in their stock intercooler tank, ice cubes will fit, even though it isn't huge and made out of aluminum or stainless. If so what were your results?

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
i have before

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
ive only been to the track with the truck twice for a total of like 6 runs

i didnt use ice then

i thought it helped for a while but im sure in the mile it took to get to the street race (where i raced my buddy in MY own vorteched fox) it all melted, but yeah i won, i also beat the car heatsoaked though so im not really gonna say the ice did it for me

IMO yeah it may help if you throw it in then immediately make a run but in my case, nope i doubt it had any effect

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Had no effect on my truck while stopped with ic pump running. I think the h/e will negate any ice when there is no air flow

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
I tried it during it and netted me no gains. I put ice on the blower and iced the stock tank while waiting in the lanes. By the time you crank up do your burn out and stage everything's been warmed up too much.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good call rook, I actually tried it on back to back runs, but is seemed the ic pump stopped circulating when it seamed the ice was added? but after it warmed up it was circulating again.

Does the intercooler pump start and stop in regards to iat temps?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
In my tune I kept it stock. It cuts on after a minute or so. What I found that works the best is. I trailer my truck to the track so the first thing I do is put heat in the tranny by simply drive it down the road. I then pack it full of ice and circulate the water. Then right before I go to staging lanes I drain water and pack Ice. Now this is why I have my intercooler delayed is so my water want start circulating again till about the middle of my burnout. After a pass in 100 degree heat water is still cool. Again I do it for less chance of hurting my engine plus the added performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.