Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy F'in A! I've never been so helplessly addicted to buying SHIT for a vehicle as with the L! I really hope vendors quit making new shit for me to add.

In 2 (two) days I've spent over a grand in shit I don't need...but is gonna look so cool!

Seriously, I'm never going to want to change the truck again. When it was in "Panda" mode everything worked together well. Now that I'm going "bling bling milktruck" mode everything has got to be chrome and/or billet to match. Even the F'ing interior. Did you know that they make a chrome billet HVAC panel?! Guess what, BOUGHT IT. Oh, matching knobs too. And billet window switches, and billet door handles. And one of those "chickenwings" Lightning logos in...you guessed it, chrome billet. Harley grille, lower tubular chrome grille, stock chrome tails, centerlines, M&H's...AGHHHH.

FML

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course this is all to match the centerlines and the interior chrome billet I've got already (speedhut gauges and chromed gauge bezel).

Oh, don't forget the saleen door panel pieces.

Seriously, F*CK you Lino! I'm making a clone of your truck and you're just gonna have to deal with it!

HAHAHA.

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea, and I'm going to HAVE to change the crinkle black TF reservoir under my hood. Gotta order up a polished one...cause the crinkle looks out of place now. I seriously need to sell the L and buy a Yugo.

·
Flyin HI
30,989 Posts
Got too much of that oil money burning a hole in your pocket?

What you need is two trucks. Then you can still use the old stuff on the other truck.
:yikes

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, not too much money....it's just winter time and come winter time when I have a ton of time to sit around and think about stuff...I spend way more on projects than I do in the summer.

I don't need two trucks. The next thing I'm saving for is to ship the truck down to PSI for a turbo build and a cage.

Nate, I liked my truck the way it was too...but when I sold the black wheels and went to the polished centerlines...the rest of the truck had to change to match and flow well. Hence all the stuff being switched to chrome. Oh, and having the speedstur painted white made a huge difference too. The truck will be night and day when it's completed next spring.

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Wait till you have to polish all that billet......... It will take another whole winter, and then you will go back to the all black krinkle look. I've had a polished engine bay for about two years and its a bitch keep up on. I have new plans on changing everything to a new finish soon. Its gonna be killer and unique!!!!!!!

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, the billet upkeep is what I'm not looking forward to...but whatever. My truck is driven only on sunny or dry days, and got only 1000 miles put on it this summer. Keeping the interior stuff clean shouldnt be too hard...but keeping the wheels clean...well, I'm already preparring myself mentally for the pain in the ass that will be.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,655 Posts
Yea, the billet upkeep is what I'm not looking forward to...but whatever. My truck is driven only on sunny or dry days, and got only 1000 miles put on it this summer. Keeping the interior stuff clean shouldnt be too hard...but keeping the wheels clean...well, I'm already preparring myself mentally for the pain in the ass that will be.
Should'nt be too bad, just zoop seal the shit out of it. ;)

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zoop seal em before I even put em all on the truck, right??

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rather than deal with the zoopseal shit, I could just have the wheels clear powdercoated. Adds a bit of weight....but man, the durability and never having to clean them or polish them would be great.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Bitchez & Hoez love the bling man!
LMFAO :laughing25

I want some 17's on mine now!!! Matrix5's maybe at the beginning of the yr!! That or a whipple!!!:potstirring

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I will be losing the polished crap on my motor during the rebuild this time...I am going to get the blower and anything else polished powder coated...Engine comes out Sunday, get you butt to Ohio Mark, might need help.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
18 Participants
typhoon43
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing