Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My L is an '02 with 54K on it, bone stock. Im about to do some work to it and I just want to know if its safe to do. Im going to port my blower, diablosport MAFia, 6# pulley, and a custom tune. Any suggestions? Safe or not safe?? Thanks for any advice!!
:rockon_ford

·
Slowest Silver Lightning
2,547 Posts
That would probably be right at the peak of the cusp. Any fuel upgrades (pumps, injectors), gauges to monitor, or factory plugs:smt102 It seems semi safe due to not much dense air in Al.

Depends on how aggressive the tune is. IMO for a daily I would feel a lot safer with a 4# or changing the pumps for a 6#. How aggressive the tune is, esp timing, keeping it out of overdrive when flooring it, and you can do it. I tend to play it too safe for most and would go with a 4# so I can go built on my terms

·
Registered
369 Posts
You should be fine with all that. Just make sure the tune is good. I'm pushing 17 PSI through my stocker and havent had any issues. Anything more and fuel upgrades would be necessary, but you shouldn't have any problems with the stock stuff for now.

·
Flyin HI
31,040 Posts
You'll be ok with a good tune and don't get crazy in cold weather. Swap the plugs for some NGK TR6's and get a valve body too.

You don't need pumps or injectors.

Edit: +1 for SCT stuff...

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
a good tune is the most important thing and make sure you use the NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .34. You have any ideas on who your going to use for a tune?

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Pretty much exactly what I have and I haven't experienced any issues. And while most tuners PREFER sct, a good amount of them can/will tune Diablo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a good tune is the most important thing and make sure you use the NGK TR6 plugs gapped at .34. You have any ideas on who your going to use for a tune?
I was thinking about going with XXX motorsports in Pensacola, FL or just sending my SCT to Amazon... what do you think? Ive heard alot about XXX, and its alot closer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts