1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
+3 on the Metcos!

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
It is amazing to me that the long bars without any adjustability work as well as they do on our trucks...Now at least there are some that are trying to add that to their bars, but it still amazes me.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Longbars FTW!!!! No wheel hop bad ass handling and proven at the track!!!

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Ummm, yes...you DO have to load the suspension to install the Metcos.

I love the ease of installation of the metcos, but if I were to do it again, I'd do longbars. The metcos have grease zerks that are almost impossible to access, and are much more finiky compared to long bars. You have to tune the metcos. Long bars typically are just bolt on and go. Much more user friendly in the end...and who cares if you have to unibit your frame to install them. That's easy.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i must have installed them wrong, i had the axle housing on jack stands and wheels off. then i dropped it down and adjusted them until they were tight:smt102

grease zerks are an easy fix, just get some 90* ones for the fronts.

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
When installing metcos you're supposed to get the brackets on, bolt the bars into place in one of the brackets...have your jackstands under the frame...then when the bars are in one of the brackets (think I bolted them into the front first), then load the suspension, then put the bar into the rear bracket...and in order to do this you're going to have to adjust the threaded portion of the bar. If you adjusted them while the truck was on the ground and the bar was fully bolted in, they're probably wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts