2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys see what I have changed. I will post the easy pic in morning

Attachments

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
Can you guys see what I have changed. I will post the easy pic in morning
I think you've had the long bars for a while, removed the running boards, then added an awful filler door, lightning tail lights, rims and third brake light.

I see a wing on the back, that might be new, but since you are stingy with your pics this is the first time I've seen your truck...

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cut the cervins spoiler down to fit my bed

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
The spoiler looks great! What happened to the grey Lightning wheels? Didn't you have black Lightning tail lights before? I just recently saw your truck when it was monochromed and I thought it looked awesome. I have slowly been doing mine the same way and when I saw yours I knew I was on the right track. Do you want nerf bars or did you remove them because you did not like the looks of them? Anyway, that is a clean looking DSG.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts

yeah i went there.

jk. i like the spoiler. havent really seen HDs with lightning wheels like that but it looks okay! deleting the emblems? need to get those holes filled!

·
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The painter missed the color a little so I never put the HD emblem back on because he would have to pry it off again. Now that the tail gate has a crack in it when it is redone in the spring I will have the holes welded up.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
The painter missed the color a little so I never put the HD emblem back on because he would have to pry it off again. Now that the tail gate has a crack in it when it is redone in the spring I will have the holes welded up.

Sounds like you need a new painter and body shop.

·
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DSG has 5 Variance. and I only gave the painter the parts not the truck so it was not his fault

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Best way to have something painted is to have a part from the truck when it is being painted. The new systems can scan the color and then adjust the mix so it takes into consideration things like fading and what not. The painter then has the ability to tailor those colors with air pressure. He can even do a step down panel to try and get the perfect match. DSG is a little tougher because you have to match the metallic so it all depends on the application and how they dust the final coat.

I've shot some DSG parts and I know that its harder to match, but your painter should have asked for a part from the truck before he started spraying.

·
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep he should have but didn't and that is warter under the bridge live and learn. the guy that shaved the tailgate told me when we buy the paint we will take the gas flip door to get it laser scaned like you were saying

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
ilaybrk
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing