Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLY WHAT A FRIGGING NIGHT TO "NOT HAVE" MY CAMERA (*@^$%(@$%(@$%(@#$%(@$%@($%(@$^%$

Went and saw Sal at my lunch time today, and again tonight.
FAST FOWARD TO TONIGHT

Sal just finished a complete transmation of one serious Kick Ass
F-150. The owner bought a Lightning Line Motor, Monster Box Transmission, Total Domination Converter, Etc.
This thing runs AMAZING is all I can say ; o )
Some poor bastard is going to get blown away from a 12 sec
F-150 that looks and sounds amazing,
AWESOME JOB SAL. (I'd give you a bow, but I need to save them)
hehehehe

Fast foward some more
Some Vehicle's were being tested and some fun being had,
My Pal Bob (a good Customer of Sal) was there with his Red L,
the new born F-150 Beast was coming off the dyno (massive before and after results) (sorry sal still saving my bows)
but niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice job.....

We were street testing my Beast and making some changes,
(NO NOT TIMING, hehehe) Lets just say the PRE DYNO tweaking and "dialing in" has begun ; o )
BTW SAL, 100% PERFECT PAL, ""I FRIGGING LOVE IT""

Sal drove my Beast and was extremly impressed with the massive low end torque it has : o ) He referenced the power of my PSP Motor and that Magnum Powers to the feel he got with the Works S/C, WOO HOO

Well that must have got him itchy because

FAST FOWARD TO SAL STICKING HIS HAND THROUGH THE WINDOW OF HIS BEAST TURNING THE KEY AND
VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. (Smoooooooooth as silk)
A minute later he said, hey why don't you move your truck and I'll take you out for a little ride WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO......

HOLY FRIGGING I THOUGHT MY GUTS WERE GOING TO GO THROUGH THE BACK OF THE SEAT BATMAN

NOW YOU GET THE BOWS SAL [smilie=bow.gif] [smilie=bow.gif] [smilie=bow.gif]

I have never ever in my life time felt the massive amount of Torque and pinned to your seat couldn't move if you wanted to POWER that BEAST has. We took it down the road, and he had me totally pinned to the seat A FEW GOOD TIMES.

I have never been in a Turbo Beast before, extremely impressive power, much much more than a S/C seems to give, WOW. Some niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice power brakes, some sideways action, throw a few gears. I was truly speachless, and OH MY FRIGGING GOD what a COOL SOUND that frigging Turbo has.

After we got back and I was drouling all over, he tells me he was like 1/4 - 1/2 throttle. HOLY I WOULD NEED ASBESTOS BVD'S TO EXPERIENCE IT ALL........................

"YIKES"

THE PSP TURBO LIGHTNING IS ALIVE AND KICKING!!!!! : o )
AMAZING JOB SAL, NOW I UNDERSTAND WHAT REAL POWER FEELS LIKE, WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Suddenly 500 HP isn't enough for me @#$*@#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]#[email protected]([email protected]$
AHH AHH :smt088 :smt088
WHERE'S MY BOTTLE
:LOL :smt043 :smt042 :smt026

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sal is out of control.............................. :LOL

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Rob,
Why do you get to do all the cool stuff!! [smilie=fingersx.gif] Is Sal bringing that beast down to Cecil on the 16th?
Bryan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Something tells me this is going to be a memorable summer Rob.
Sounds like your having fun.
Looks like I might be getting more snow tonight. :sad:
Oh well, summer is just around the corner.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOO HOO Thanks All

Man that was fun  :D

FUN FUN FUN

And now today we wake up to a frigging NOTHER snow storm
#)$^)#)#$%&#)%&#)&@#)@#%&&@#%$)@#$

Sal has not had a lot of time to spend on his Beast, everytime I'm there, there's new Fords and new customer projects.

I don't have any #'s to report, but I know he has been spending a little time on it recently, hooked up the hose to the Turbo you don't see installed (in these older pic's below), he changed the size of the Injectors, did some tuning, etc.....

I ONLY KNOW WHEN WE WERE CRUSING THE STREETS AND HE STABED IT, OMFG :eek:() "YIKES"

A few older pic's, a month or so back....

·
Built And Blown
2,138 Posts
Double Post

·
7th Fetzer valve, yeah...
2,143 Posts
That was a good story. I think it moved.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Damn someone went digging. I saw Sal's name and knew it was a bit old
Yea-ah... real OLD! Turbo lightnings are not on every street corner, but there are quite a few around, some 16v, some 32v. And as impressionable and excited as Rob sounded back then, I'm sure if he had jumped in his own (most recent) Lightning and popped off a 9.74/138 run... he'd be screaming just as loud.

Probably an unfair question, but how many true street turbo trucks out there have run in the 9's vs thw Whipple/KB variety? Probably Sinister, any others?

·
CONTAINS SARCASM >>
2,629 Posts
thats pretty sweet to see a first style turbo setup for out truck.
plenum block off plate... and it looks like the rotors were removed from sc and a plate fabbed with a SBTB on it...
that actually looks pretty ****ing sweet when you think about it.

anywho

1 - 20 of 28 Posts