Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to find a place for the Lighning community that allows me to concentrate on just one spot for nitrous help and information. We are fairly new to the U.S. market and haven't done much promotion, as we want our product line to be the best it can be first. Now that this is coming together nicely we will have to organize our time better as we have all makes and models to provide help on eventually. Maybe this will be the spot for the Lighning and Harley Davidson vehicles. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Racetested I would like to be a gene pig for you down here in the southern states. I know that Rob is the FIRST L IN THE US with your system on it but hey why not two!!!! Oh yea welcome to the site also

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Avalanche,

We have about 6 Lightnings running our kit now since Rob bought the first one for a Lightning and one owner in Texas already. Of course we want all nitrous users to use our kit as we want people to have the best.

I'll be offering some deals including a very good one for the military personel (past and present), once we sort the vendor situation out. I had a lot of family fight in past wars and a good friend that served 300 days in Iraq, so I want to show my appreciation.

I'll also be overloading people with questions and information. Our goal is to educate and not just give speeches based on assumption, and we definitely are not here to be the top sales company financially like most are driven by. I'll be providing much more information and our stance shortly.

Chris,

Thanks for the opportunity.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That is groovy. I have one question how did you know that i was in the military? I was in the GW1 I was there from Dec 92 through July 94 one hell of a long time and I got the scars to prove it. I also support our troops and anything and anyone that does the same gets my support. :smt023

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WELCOME DENNY, WOO HOO
RACE TESTED IS IN DA HOUSE
Thank You sooooooooooo much for stoping by [smilie=wavey.gif]

I feel soooooooooooooo bad that I haven't had time to come play over on NLOC with you ( I don't get there much :sad: ) SORRY PAL,
but you know I love you like a Step Brother right :D
Hey BTW, how do you like this Icon made especially for me :smt033

Denny, to get serious a minute, this place is truly going to rock.
WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERANT YOU ASK, what makes it differant is WE ALL TOGETHER decide on the best way to do things here. WE ALL have a say,
we have many members from here already involved in running the Forum
that also help making choices and decisions (like me). WE THE PEOPLE RUN THIS SITE. YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE

And you are 100% right when you say (and I quote)
I hope to find a place for the Lighning community that allows me to concentrate on just one spot for nitrous help and information.

That is exactly what we were just talking about in a diff post here
I don't know if you can see the post, we have area's for just us to discuss things behind the scene. Of course as things move foward (AND BELIEVE ME THEY ARE) Chris will need Vendors to help pay for the site, that was what we were just talking about, and your idea is what it seems we all agree on, (one way or another). And that is for each Vendor "or The Vendors" to have a SPECIAL PLACE on the Forum to talk business, list Specials, and sell their Product's.

As for the regular Rooms of the Forums, they'll be Members just like we all are. You didn't deserve what happen over on F-150, you became the Shell Answer Man and most people were all talk NO SALES, thats not fare and we won't allow that here. We want the Vendors TO SELL PRODUCT, and we are going to come up with a very unique way for them to do it. We may incorporate it into the On-Line Magizine portion of this Site, we may do interviews with them, follow the results at the track, run ads in the Mag,
we will do something unique.

We are also talking up how to handle (and if it'll be allowed) bashing against Vendors. Everyone is entitled to tell THEIR STORY, it's people jumping on the bone, that ruin it. If we have to make a special post or section for THE PERSON to tell THEIR story, then so be it. But rest assure, the few lucky Vendors that end up being Supporting Vendors here, will pay less, get more, AND WITHOUT THE B/S. We will not allow a free for all or attack on each other or against a Vendor, BUT WE WILL ALLOW PEOPLE TO TELL THEIR STORY.

We want to offer the Members and Vendors More,
I already think we are doing that, and you guys have to see what Chris is up to behind the scene, HE'S ALWAYS WORKING ON IMPROVING THE SITE and FORUM is all I can say :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Avalanche,

I had no idea you were military. Having a special deal for the military was just something I wanted to do. Now that we have the products updated to where we want them and things running smoothly, I can start to offer such deals.

Rob and lightning rodder,

Seems you guys have done your homework and appear to have a great forum and website currently and for the future.

To all others,

Our goal is to evenually make nitrous use as easy as starting your car. We want nitrous to be as user friendly as adding a s/c, where you can hit the accelerator and take off without a lot of prep work or checking thngs beforehand. It wil take us a few years to ge to this point but we already have the ideas and products in developement to do so. Eventually all that you will need to do is flip the switch and have fun. The nitrous system will adjust itself just like modern day fuel injection does. A few companies claim this already but they are no where near as sophisticated yet simple as our poducts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rob,

You are right about past experiences and that's why I am turning the tables. I want people to explain to me why their kits are great and the principles behind the kit. We have tested all kits and torn them apart, so we know the truth. Now we want people to tell us their thoughts on why they may believe we have not developed the ultimate nitrous kit and what they currently have is just as good if not better.

Just a heads up. Having a kit because it's the most popular based on great marketing is not going to cut it, so we are looking for more technical responses. :razz:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like you already Racetested. Yoiu are no bullshit or at first glance it seems that way anyway. I can't wait until you get your forum up and running and see what your first specail will be. I believe I might be the first in line. I am running a NOS solienoid and it is a baby shot only a 60 or so. I want to do more but I just can seem to get it tune just right I am (sfter it gets back from the paint shop) going to run another 1/4 mile I have not ran it since May of this year when I had a Nitrous backfire and it took out my #1 oplug and my passagner side cat. At least I caught it before it did any serious damage.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Avalanche,
Glad to see one fan of honesty. Trev(owner of Highpower) and I usually get bashed for being to honest.

Trust me that the military discount will be good for you guys. My pocketbook will not be a big fan, but it's the least I can do. :shock:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Racetested I live by three rules here they are. If everyone folloed these there would be no problems any where.

1. No lying

2. No cheating

3. No Sealing

Anything else is open territory and fair game. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seems easy enough to me. Now try and get the majority of the public to see things so clearly. LOL

Here are the main causes for your intake backfire.

1) the initial lean out that is bad with other kits.

2) overdosing one cylinder due to badly positioned injector and a narrow spray pattern. (We have the widest spray pattern with the crossfire injector).

3) fuel solenoid failure to open (due to either faulty solenoid or inadequate current supply or faulty wiring.

4) inadequate fuel atomisation.

5) too much power at too low rpm.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well after I got it back to the house I discovered that the fuel solineoid went bad so I would say that you are correct in your assumtion.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A lot of people think a backfire is caused by puddling in the manifold and a rich mixture, when the opposite is true and a lean condition causes a backfire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great to see you here Racetested. I look forward to a great new place for us enthusiasts to share info and become family. I am a Desert Storm veteran and am interested in adding nitrous to my Lightning and race car. Also, thank you for your support of our troops. It says alot about what kind of person you are, a real class act.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for that Thundergod.

The nitrous section should be set up soon. I have a lot to share and I'm deciding now how to approach this. I'm thinking small bits at a time so people aren't overwhelmed and information is understood.

Thanks again to Chris and the other members of lightningrodder. Having a nitrous only section for me to discuss in and not have the information lost in the general section is a huge plus for all involved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.