Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just spent $800.00 bucks on a dyno tune.and didnt make it 60 miles from the dyno shop and then it happened.catastophic engine failure.all i can says is it was one hell of a noise:eek: was a lightning engine in my mustang with 8lb crank pulley.
the carnage report

a pic of the only rod that made it

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy shit!!!! That song "so u had a bad day" comes to mind. I'd go fling them through ur tuners window.
yeah called him before i called for a tow.gave him a real piece of my mind.not trying to bash the dude by chris tuten tuned it.i lmao everytime i see the dude in a mustang magazine being described as the jack of all tunes.:hifu more like a jackass

·
Faster than SonicB03...
2,067 Posts
8lb lower on stock lightning block? I don't think I would blame the tuner on that one. :scared003

I bet it made good power......

·
Farm Truck Owner
58,414 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Even then I have to ask how hard was he pushing the block how was it punished before he got it and how safe was the tune. Dyno tune is great but I have to wonder if it was street safe so to speak. IE dyno tune doesn't always transfer to a great street tune.

Seems to always come back to how experienced the tuner was with L's and supercharged engine tuning.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Broke 2 like that on the original block.........horrible.

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
well I can honestly say thats the worst carnage I have seen :bigtu

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys good to be here.the dyno sheet he gave me says 411hp 509 trq. well i have been working on my new motor for quite sometime now.bored 20 over.manley h beams probe low compression blower pistons,mahle rings,arp head/main studs,mellings high volume oil pump,mmr 7 qt pan,mhs stage 3 ported heads with time serts installed with oversized ss valves,stage 3 blower cams,pretty much any and everything on the checklist.my car is a returnless fuel system.going return style with sumped tank.

here is few preview pics

1 - 20 of 133 Posts