Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just spent $800.00 bucks on a dyno tune.and didnt make it 60 miles from the dyno shop and then it happened.catastophic engine failure.all i can says is it was one hell of a noise:eek: was a lightning engine in my mustang with 8lb crank pulley.
the carnage report

a pic of the only rod that made it

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy shit!!!! That song "so u had a bad day" comes to mind. I'd go fling them through ur tuners window.
yeah called him before i called for a tow.gave him a real piece of my mind.not trying to bash the dude by chris tuten tuned it.i lmao everytime i see the dude in a mustang magazine being described as the jack of all tunes.:hifu more like a jackass

·
Faster than SonicB03...
2,067 Posts
8lb lower on stock lightning block? I don't think I would blame the tuner on that one. :scared003

I bet it made good power......

·
Farm Truck Owner
58,414 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Even then I have to ask how hard was he pushing the block how was it punished before he got it and how safe was the tune. Dyno tune is great but I have to wonder if it was street safe so to speak. IE dyno tune doesn't always transfer to a great street tune.

Seems to always come back to how experienced the tuner was with L's and supercharged engine tuning.

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Broke 2 like that on the original block.........horrible.

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
well I can honestly say thats the worst carnage I have seen :bigtu

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys good to be here.the dyno sheet he gave me says 411hp 509 trq. well i have been working on my new motor for quite sometime now.bored 20 over.manley h beams probe low compression blower pistons,mahle rings,arp head/main studs,mellings high volume oil pump,mmr 7 qt pan,mhs stage 3 ported heads with time serts installed with oversized ss valves,stage 3 blower cams,pretty much any and everything on the checklist.my car is a returnless fuel system.going return style with sumped tank.

here is few preview pics

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
About this Discussion
132 Replies
68 Participants
the12fast4u
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing