Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning--- My name is Doug Lear and some of the old timers may remember me. So I have been away from the lightning community for awhile. My lightning hasn't been on the road for a few years due to personal issues and a hang up with some mods installed. But all back together now and getting ready for emissions next. Got killer chiller installed and charged but not too happy with temps so think I am going to order some Industrial 12A. Anyway, after I get through emissions I have to figure out what is going on with my wideband, I think its the sensor, then do some data logging for JJ and will be ready for the track. Thought I would drop in and say hello. Is this where most of the people communicate these days for Washington or is it back on nloc or is there a facebook page now?

PS If anyone is looking for some slicks hit me up. I got drag radials and don't need my Hoosiers anymore. I do need new front tires, mine are 13 years old and make me a bit nervous if anyone has any front tires out there that will work let me know.....Take care Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Good Morning--- My name is Doug Lear and some of the old timers may remember me. So I have been away from the lightning community for awhile. My lightning hasn't been on the road for a few years due to personal issues and a hang up with some mods installed. But all back together now and getting ready for emissions next. Got killer chiller installed and charged but not too happy with temps so think I am going to order some Industrial 12A. Anyway, after I get through emissions I have to figure out what is going on with my wideband, I think its the sensor, then do some data logging for JJ and will be ready for the track. Thought I would drop in and say hello. Is this where most of the people communicate these days for Washington or is it back on nloc or is there a facebook page now?

PS If anyone is looking for some slicks hit me up. I got drag radials and don't need my Hoosiers anymore. I do need new front tires, mine are 13 years old and make me a bit nervous if anyone has any front tires out there that will work let me know.....Take care Doug
Welcome back! ! I. From a fellow left coaster.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Welcome back! This is still my main source of info. There are numerous facebook pages (none Washington specific) but they are more drama than good tech.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Welcome back!

Majority of the traffic has gone to facebook and part sales are also largely on facebook these days as well. There are a couple of worthy tech related pages (admins keep the drama down) on facebook and most of the newer products are mentioned on facebook and trickle down to here.

Again, welcome back and glad to hear that the bumps in life have smoothed out for you.

·
Racer of the Jackstand Racing Team
2,407 Posts
Doug,

Good to hear that you got the truck back up again.

Chad

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys well I had a be real short Summer and havnt riven my lightning much in the past 3 years. I finally got my new killer chiller in after last cord weld broke. Baught case Of the industrial 12E and would get a good charge and good temps and not sure what going on I took it in and had the canister changed. then I read in an odd post the core could be in upside down if u follow the directions causing oil to pool at the bottom and not getting optimal results. Right about that time I was driving my truck and not getting any good cooling and getting hot. I left my truck towards the rear of the driveway where I never leave cars and a few hours later I hoped in my lifted JKU rubicon backing into my L destroying the tail gate. Then I still had original tires on front and they need to be replaced. I am so sick of messing around with this killer chiller. I have 3 cans of the Insuatrial left. It’s been under vacuume for a few months now. Couple questions. When it comes to the tail gate what years will fit and is it a certain style. When it comes to the ac no shops will mess with it bexouse they have huge tanks of Freon. I have a brand new manifold gauge set and all the AC tools. Anyone willing to give me a hand at one last shot at a charge. I think some of the problem had to so with my exam which I fixed owners shop they recommended for the killer chiller. My last run 3 years ago was a 12.2 with bolt ins and since put on headers so I think I can fo up to a 6lbs pulley and land that high 11 I have been chasing. Thanks in advance Doug. Pa Habe cash doe help with the AC and I know it’s cold but we can get my garage up to 80 which should give it close to aneealisrix charge and I Habe long hose to get the exhaust out of garage. Thanks in advance Doug. The only shop I could think of that may Habe wzowranxe with killer chillers and modular motors was bloods but they are only old hot rods now. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Former Rowing Team.
11,855 Posts
It would be easier to understand if you broke up different topics up by paragraph and wrote it better. That's a mess to read.

In regards to only your KC problems. What is not getting cold? Is it your AC and/or in cab cooling? Is it hot and humid out side? Which radiator fan do you have, stock clutch or efan? If you have an efan, which one and what settings is it on. Does it get cooler when doing about 70-75mph?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts