Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Hank and I live just NE of Dallas and I’ve been turning wrenches for 40+ years. My first build was with my dad when we restomodded a 57 Chevy for me to drive to high school. I switched over to Fords a few years later when I purchased my first Mustang and as you can tell by my signature, I haven’t looked back.

I bought a 56 F100 a while ago and had planned to put a stroked EFI 5.8L in it until I very recently ran across very well-worn 2001 lightning (230K hard miles). I plan to do a frame off on the 56 with IFS front, four link rear, and coilovers all around.

My goal is around 400 streetable rwhp hopefully with just some minor upgrades. I’ll replace the rods when the 5.4 is rebuilt and will probably go with head studs for extra strength. I don’t plan to race the truck, just want a fun-to-drive daily driver with occasional trips to a car show.

As for the donor, the front is banged up, it’s missing some parts, and it runs but barely. I hope to get it streetable so I can enjoy it some until it goes into donor status which will probably be in a couple of years.

I’ll be asking lots of questions along the way and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: utlong31

·
Slevin
1,093 Posts
Welcome, take a minute to familiarize yourself with the website. There are some incredible guides that you should read first.

·
local painter
3,290 Posts
Welcome to LR 👍🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts