Lightning Rodder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
For those that don't know SVT_KY passed away from cancer. :( These links no longer work, but we are working on a new how-to thread much like the one he did for us here. RIP Cliff.
Please be patient....

Thanks,
MPORTETR

One stop shopping for all your Lightning procedures ...

If you want something added, drop a note here ...

NOTE: AS OF 26 AUG 2009, the ENGINE SUBASSEMBLIES section is verified as existing AS IT IS. (GOOD LINKS)
If you can't see it, it's your Acrobat reader that needs updating. - Cliff

EDIT History

New Stuff = [smilie=wa]
March 2006
Added Front Caliper Bracket [smilie=wa]

November 2005
Added Suppercharger R&R [smilie=wa]

Engine Section

Supercharger Section

Cooling Systems Section
Transmission Section
Steering, Suspension and Brakes SectionMiscellaneous SectionWiring Diagrams

A/C Heater Wiring Diagram
Dealer Test Mode Codes
Vendor Instructions

·
Registered
2 Posts
"HOW TO" The Shop Manual Excerpts By SVT_KY

Seems too good....Row Type is something new to me....I will explore the usage Thanks Alex

·
Registered
17,565 Posts

·
Beer drinkin' fool
311 Posts
All these links appear dead.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
These were hosted by one of our Fellow L owners....Cliff Hemstock....Unfortunately Tim lost his battle with cancer and left us not too long ago...

I have numerous How too's though that I have still yet to post....and there are numerous ones here in the How to Section...which I will be doing a lot fo cleaning up so that they are easier to find in the future...

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I need the Ford how to remove the stock lower pulley as I need to clearly see the stock 3 mounting points as I think I will be reinstalling my stock lower and I need to make sure it's bolted up correctly so the lower pulley is aligned correctly.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
I need the Ford how to remove the stock lower pulley as I need to clearly see the stock 3 mounting points as I think I will be reinstalling my stock lower and I need to make sure it's bolted up correctly so the lower pulley is aligned correctly.
technically it has to allingn.....the three mounting points will only match up to the perspective arm and the sc pulley shaft screws into the crank pulley......so its technically impossible to not put it back on correctly (short of cross threading the shaft)

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
technically it has to allingn.....the three mounting points will only match up to the perspective arm and the sc pulley shaft screws into the crank pulley......so its technically impossible to not put it back on correctly (short of cross threading the shaft)
I know it has to align but I think that there is something that goes between the caged bracket and the bolts/studs that it bolts too. I thought I saw a picture of the lower left (pass) bolt/nut to where the bracket that holds the trans cooler lines went between the caged bracket and the mounting point. If this is not put in then I think the caged bracket would not be parallel when tightening down the pulley to the crank..
Look at number 3 on this install and see the trans cooler bracket where it is bolted. Same with number 4 on the right (driver) side. Is there a hose wire that goes between the caged bracket and the mount?
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=338&d=1197241416

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cliff, the OP, passed away early last year. . . so someone else will have to update the links if possible.

RIP Cliff

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the CD shop manuals Cliff used. I aquired them when I bought the truck.

If I can find the time, I'll see what I can do to host them and get them back up.

·
ruffnecks illegitimate brother
3,481 Posts
I have the CD shop manuals Cliff used. I aquired them when I bought the truck.

If I can find the time, I'll see what I can do to host them and get them back up.

Man that would be awesome especially since he (Cliff) seemed like a very big contributor to the Lightning community. I think that would be a nice remembrance to always have the info in the OP readily available to help others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.