13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(no directions or words needed)

OF COURSE THERE'S ALWAYS THE FREE AND EASY WAY TO DO THIS MOD

[/img]

·
Silver 01'
718 Posts
pink line is hooked up to a "T" that also goes to the boost gauge?

3rd pic when the fitting has screw in it whats the bottom black line go to?

I'll get better pics tonight of mine I think mine is wrong??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok this is only for the L's right? I tried doing it on my 03 HD, but I don't have the third black vacuum line "the one that looks that is coming from the drivers side. So I just unhooked the pink one and used the 90* elbow to the vaccum that was deleted from factory, did I do it ok?:rockon_ford

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
no reason to do it Honestly....do the last pic when you are at the track....unhook the elec connection....race.... when done just hook the elect connection back up.

·
DEMENTED YOU SAY.....FAWK YA I AM
1,039 Posts
no reason to do it Honestly....do the last pic when you are at the track....unhook the elec connection....race.... when done just hook the elect connection back up.

EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Silver 01'
718 Posts
i switched them around and it ran like poop. so i switched it back

·
Registered
212 Posts
what does this actually do?

·
Two Eaton blown Fords
185 Posts
rpmoutlet.com said:
Purpose of a boost bypass kit

The purpose of a boost bypass kit is to supply continuous boost from your supercharger when exceeding acceleration limits set by the factory. When acceleration exceeds factory limits, the boost actuator solenoid actuates the boost dump valve, relieving the superchargers pressure until the truck is shut down and restarted. With the boost bypass modification, you will now be able to keep your boost at the maximum level when under WOT usage. The term “boost bypass” is a bit misleading by all those dealers advertising this kit for a price. Its true name should be, WOT bypass eliminator kit . . . This modification does not effect normal engine operation and is designed for modifying boost bypass at WOT only. (WOT= wide open throttle)

·
12 oz vs 12 lb? Bye beer
248 Posts
My boost was always reading negative and I bought my L wih this bypass done. After reading this and other forums, I actually gained boost, getting back to zero by returning it back to stock. Just FYI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts