Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
basicly from empty fill it up to the bottom of the filler hole..... or untill it starts to just dribble out a little bit of the filler hole.

bout a bottle and a 1/4 and its full roughly

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
If You ae stock boost... or close... go with the stock Motocrafts... gapped a lil bit tighter than spec

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was told use the stock motorcrafts until i absolutely need the tr6's.. but what is the number on the motorcrafts i dont want to pull a plug and then go pick some up i want to have them ready to change..

if the supercharger is on the motor... does that mean supercharger oil is still in it... i need a crash course on all of this.

·
15,687 Posts
i am really getting mad at my key board right now... the R button is being retarded... gat to punch it to type R

·
15,687 Posts
yeah i was told use the stock motorcrafts until i absolutely need the tr6's.. but what is the number on the motorcrafts i dont want to pull a plug and then go pick some up i want to have them ready to change..

if the supercharger is on the motor... does that mean supercharger oil is still in it... i need a crash course on all of this.

if the snout is still on the blower then the oil "should" still be in it..

Snout being the thing that bolts to the case and is holdin the upper pulley...

Fuggin R button is really pissing me off

·
15,687 Posts
hmm... might not hurt to unscrew the filler hole on the snout of the eaton... just to check it...

but not knowing the condition of the oil... id say drain it and refill

·
15,687 Posts
that... i dont think you do... granted unless the motor is on a stand it would be cleaner to...

just unbolt the snout from the case and stat wiggleing it...

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
man... i want cool rep power like you...
ahahahaha

seriously how hard is it to take off the supercharger... im too unconfident to try it i need to see it done first or watch a video...

·
15,687 Posts
Is the motor in o out of the truck...

its a piece of cake man... a few vaccum lines... and plugs... which all can only go back on one way do to the design and length of the hoses... cant EFF up putting them back on... then its just the matter of unboltin the bolts you see...

·
15,687 Posts
if the belt is off

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the motor is out of the truck yes

but the belt is not off... i know it will be easier to take off with the motor out

ok so to take the supercharger off all i need to do is disconnect everything CONNECTED TO the supercharger?

·
15,687 Posts
^ yup... just look at it and you will see... lol...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
9 Participants
GoBollzD33P
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing