Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If doing a self port on an Eaton can you go to far and screw the thing up and make it into a paperweight? What do you have to look out for?

·
The GOLD RUSH!
2,559 Posts
Yes you can, but its unlikely. The whole time you're doing it you'll be forcing yourself to continue..

Don't over do the exit, focus most of your time on the intake section. Be sure to not get it too thin but in relation you want to smooth it out and lower that wall as much as safely possible. Look at the pics posted that can easily be found by searching in the how-to section and enjoy.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If doing a self port on an Eaton can you go to far and screw the thing up and make it into a paperweight? What do you have to look out for?
Yes, more is not necessarily better when it comes to enlarging the holes. Copy what you see in the pictures, don't try to go larger because there either will be no benefit or it will screw with the way it works. If you go to large on the outlet, bottom, side then the inlet side cant keep up. Spend a lot of time on the inlet side, its the part that really needs it. Good luck. I am doing another case today, then going to sell it. I kind of like doing it, just takes forever.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
get you a picture off the internet and just copy it.... but yeah you can go too far and turn it into a door stop for sure. I have a how to on home porting.... i just copied some pics off the internet from a couple of reputable places that do them.

I would do a couple of things different like shave the ears off the front of the port and do some more intake work but i saw a good gain on stock pullies in power and throttle responce...... Clean your intercooler while your in there too.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
copy the Stiegemeier or Posi port work

WD13, Mudd25 and toddslightning also do nice home ports that perform well

·
Registered
759 Posts
I didn't even add the second hole on the botom or "outlet" side of the blower like alot of the vendors do because I think it's "grab-ass" I just massaged it and opened up the inlet quite a bit. It's not quite as fast as a funny car, but the blower still builds boost?

I have a steggy port on my 04 Cobra and a home port on my Lightning and I'm kind of starting to think that roots blower porting is kind of a waste of time, sorry if I offended anybody on that, but I really don't think it's worth much compared to an unported blower spinning at the same speed. I think proper tuning, a true cai, and exhaust mods would be of greater advantage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.