Lightning Rodder banner

How many of you peeps use your L as a daily driver?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to see how many daily driven L's we have on the site :)

-Chris

p.s. if your L is not your daily driver then please post up what is :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Chris,

You need another category:
"My L USED to be my daily driver, until I blew an F'in rod and had to get something else"

Count me in for that one - otherwise, I think I'll have to abstain.

Herb

·
Registered
190 Posts
My L is NOT a daily driver. It sits in the garage with a truck cover during winter and the beginning of spring since I live down a 300 yard dirt road it stays muddy for a while during the thaw.

Once the ground dries up I drive it every weekend and a few times to work when I feel like pissing off my buddy that has $90,000 plus worth of vehicles (goofy looking $50,000 Chevy truck thing, and some $40,000 Honda) that have both been smoked by my stock L… :D

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
herb101 said:
Hey Chris,

You need another category:
"My L USED to be my daily driver, until I blew an F'in rod and had to get something else"

Count me in for that one - otherwise, I think I'll have to abstain.

Herb
done :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to drive mine to work, until it got a little to rough in the Hood. I drive it to and form Waco on the weekends and that is about 450 mile weekend.........and race every chance I get :LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
I drive mine everyday. I also drive it in the winter, and we had a bad one this past. 8 inches of snow.........it sucked bad. I dont have the cash for a beater...................

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
DD here even in snow [smilie=eek4.gif]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drive mine everyday. 30 miles per/day round trip to the office and back. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I am out to sea for 8+ months a year (wich I try to plan around winter) so my L does a lot of sitting. But when I'm home, I drive the pee out of it! I've managed to rack up over 50,000miles in the little time that I'm home. She's been from Toronto to Key west, hauled 55gal drums of gear oil, new in box 200hp outboard engines, a complete mustang drive line, and towed various boats including my 20 ft center console. And raced at damn near every track on the east coast!

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Mine is my daily driver, I am wanting a daily driver as my 99 has low miles on it and wanna keep it that way. I drive ruffly 30 miles round trip to work and back m-f and a few trips around town on the weekends.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes I use it as a driver but not daily. Just drove a bunch of hockey bags to Cali for a tournement, Forgive me I used my truck as a ....TRUCK. I was weak there for a moment.
So I say Yes it is.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Sonic Boom said:
Once the ground dries up I drive it every weekend and a few times to work when I feel like pissing off my buddy that has $90,000 plus worth of vehicles (goofy looking $50,000 Chevy truck thing, and some $40,000 Honda) that have both been smoked by my stock L…  :D
Good one SB :LOL

Chris we did need another cat
Daily driver "SOMETIMES" hehehehehe

I use to drive mine 24/7 365, but now I have a Mitsi-something for winter and work.

I do try and drive the L everyday when it's nice and or dry, (if not to work then everynight)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
My L is a garage queen except on sunny days. My daily driver is a 2003 330i ZHP.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine is definetly a daily driver. 89K miles in 3 years proves it. But it looks like I will be trading it in for a new daily driver. I agreed to trade it in on a fully loaded AWD Montego for my finacee and in return I can get another l or a cobra, but i think i might wait for the new cobra or the adrenaline, so i will get some thing cheap to tide me over till then

·
Registered
92 Posts
DD for 3 seasons. A Lightning in Minnesota winter would be futile, plus it would rot out from the salt they put on the streets. I couldn't subject my truck to that.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts