Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How important is it to install the knock sensor, especially since it is turned off in the tune?

I already have the intake in and forgot to put the knock sensor on first :shitstormretarded

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
How important is it to install the knock sensor, especially since it is turned off in the tune?

I already have the intake in and forgot to put the knock sensor on first :shitstormretarded
since its turned off in the tune i wouldnt worry about it!!!

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
My knock sensor is installed on the new build.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
I didn't install it on my new engine since our trucks don't even use it.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
These trucks didn't come from the factory with a knock sensor. I've read, that because of the noise & frequency of the SC, ford decided that they couldn't use them but that was a looong time ago that I read that and my memory isn't what it used to be either. Funny thing is that I think they used them on some of their other surpercharged applications as I recall. I'm always forgetting where I put things now days.

Roach

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
If you decide to run a Vampire later, you can actually get a bolt in there without taking the lower off...It is reachable, especially if you have someone that has small arms.

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These trucks didn't come from the factory with a knock sensor. I've read, that because of the noise & frequency of the SC, ford decided that they couldn't use them but that was a looong time ago that I read that and my memory isn't what it used to be either. Funny thing is that I think they used them on some of their other surpercharged applications as I recall. I'm always forgetting where I put things now days.

Roach
Close. They did come with knock sensors, hence why I have one. They are just turned off in the tune by the factory on the L's.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Close. They did come with knock sensors, hence why I have one. They are just turned off in the tune by the factory on the L's.

What he said. Everyone of us has/had one from factory. It is not used in the tune so, I (along with many others) tossed it when I swapped out the engine.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts

Roach
the sensor is there, it's just not turned on in the stock tune

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
The sensor in the valley of the block?

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Not even sure it is a pid in the L computer.
Yes guy it is, I actually have mine turned on and all the values set to zero. Any other way and the truck was pulling timing after 10 psi.

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I have seen it in the software, just haven't bothered to mess with it yet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.