Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
A shyt, u beat me to it, i was wondering the same thing....

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
there have been a couple conversions. if i had 2 L's one would be a stick

·
i want to go fast
2,983 Posts
i wish i had a 6spd; i know they arent as fast, but that's okay with me, i'd just have more fun driving if it was a stick, but i still smile when i hit the go fast pedal regardless

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
Y would it ba as fast???

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
Personally I have no interest in trying to launch a truck like this with a manual, then rowing your boat on each shift...not to mention the issues with clutches, TOBs etc...

·
trust me... you cant do what i do!
5,848 Posts
Yeah because it works so well for the SRT10 guys.....

this^^^

its been done a few times

cost a small fortune
its slower
and i dont care who you are, you cant out shift an auto. anyone who tells you they can is A: a moron B: a ****in liar or C: all of the above

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Auto FTW, there has been a couple swaps.

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
this^^^

its been done a few times

cost a small fortune
its slower
and i dont care who you are, you cant out shift an auto. anyone who tells you they can is A: a moron B: a ****in liar or C: all of the above
or its a really shitty auto...the Lightning is the only automatic performance vehicle Ive driven that the trans didnt drive me insane (granted I have not driven any of the newer slush boxes like the new GT has). Even in cars with a tune I HATED the auto in the mach1s/older GTs

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
Y would it ba as fast???
Because nobody in the world can shift as quick as an automatic can.

Sure sticks are fun.
An at a certain power level its a mute point either auto or manual.

But once you get into the high Horsepower range, there is nobody that would choose a stick over an automatic in any type of competition.

All the fastest rides in the world are Auto's.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
^^^WOW!!! i leaned somethin today.. auto over manual!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
For me it depends on the vehicle. I wouldn't want to own a truck with a manual. Rowing the gears with long, long throws has no appeal to me.

However, if were talking about an 03-04 Cobra, GT500, Corvette, Camero, or a GTO. A manual transmission would be a must.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
25 Participants
DSGGEN2
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing