Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
A shyt, u beat me to it, i was wondering the same thing....

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
there have been a couple conversions. if i had 2 L's one would be a stick

·
i want to go fast
2,983 Posts
i wish i had a 6spd; i know they arent as fast, but that's okay with me, i'd just have more fun driving if it was a stick, but i still smile when i hit the go fast pedal regardless

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
Y would it ba as fast???

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
Personally I have no interest in trying to launch a truck like this with a manual, then rowing your boat on each shift...not to mention the issues with clutches, TOBs etc...

·
trust me... you cant do what i do!
5,848 Posts
Yeah because it works so well for the SRT10 guys.....

this^^^

its been done a few times

cost a small fortune
its slower
and i dont care who you are, you cant out shift an auto. anyone who tells you they can is A: a moron B: a ****in liar or C: all of the above

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Auto FTW, there has been a couple swaps.

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
this^^^

its been done a few times

cost a small fortune
its slower
and i dont care who you are, you cant out shift an auto. anyone who tells you they can is A: a moron B: a ****in liar or C: all of the above
or its a really shitty auto...the Lightning is the only automatic performance vehicle Ive driven that the trans didnt drive me insane (granted I have not driven any of the newer slush boxes like the new GT has). Even in cars with a tune I HATED the auto in the mach1s/older GTs

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
Y would it ba as fast???
Because nobody in the world can shift as quick as an automatic can.

Sure sticks are fun.
An at a certain power level its a mute point either auto or manual.

But once you get into the high Horsepower range, there is nobody that would choose a stick over an automatic in any type of competition.

All the fastest rides in the world are Auto's.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
^^^WOW!!! i leaned somethin today.. auto over manual!!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
For me it depends on the vehicle. I wouldn't want to own a truck with a manual. Rowing the gears with long, long throws has no appeal to me.

However, if were talking about an 03-04 Cobra, GT500, Corvette, Camero, or a GTO. A manual transmission would be a must.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts