Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just installed some hotchkis drop coils on my truck this weekend. I decided not to put the stock coil spring isolators back in with the new coils to get a little more drop. Has anyone else done this or will this cause any big issues down the road? thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did it that way on mine, on an odd occasion it might squeek
I didn't like the extra height the rubber added.
There are some thin ones made by some vendors out there but I could not find them when I put mine in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH-MAN said:
I did it that way on mine, on an odd occasion it might squeek
I didn't like the extra height the rubber added.
There are some thin ones made by some vendors out there but I could not find them when I put mine in.
I haven't heard any squeeks yet after 2 days. I wanted to find out before I got it aligned. thanks!

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
are the hotchkiss coils machined flat on the top? will they seat properly if they are not? i put my ruslow coils in with no isolators, but they are machined flat on top.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bet on black said:
are the hotchkiss coils machined flat on the top?  will they seat properly if they are not?  i put my ruslow coils in with no isolators, but they are machined flat on top.
The hotchkis coils are designed to go in with the hotchkis lettering facing up. I just got off the phone with Hotchkis. They said you can run with or without the isolators. You will gain a little more drop without and you will "feel" the road more and may have slight road noise. No major issues running them without the isolators.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.