Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the average horsepower gains you guys/gals are seeing with longtubes? I'm curious if it's worth investing in a set for my bolt-on lightning. Mods in signature, future plans are an upgraded blower either MP, Whipple, or Kenne Bell.

Did a search, info was sketchy...thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
25-30hp was what I saw with 3in back, the pressure drop was mainly what I was lookin for but HP did make me happy.
That's impressive, nice gain. Any more?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think it greatly depends on what you have on the intake side. On stock engine or lightly modded I have seen power losses with headers. Personally for the money it would be one of my last mods unless I was heavily modded on the intake side. ( ie boost, heads etc).

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
i picked up alot of top end torque for sure..... felt alot smoother in the powerband too. I would recomend them for the sound alone!

·
CORNFED
2,579 Posts
Not me. My gains was with a detuned eaton on a 6lb lower stock motor/heads/cams. Only added it because of the 550whp 740tq that I saw on the bottle. Never got the chance to dyno it on the bottle though with the exhaust on. Motor just wasn't up to the extra power.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
that's a good amount of power. I've got some pacesetters on the shelf... going 3" all the way back. Excited to the build come together when everything gets slapped on all at once.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
your best bet is to wait until u have an aftermarket blower ive seen alot of power losses with long tubes.
Interesting, were those on bolt on or stock vehicles?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts