Lightning Rodder banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
I think what was meant was that it’s like the catalog truck because every thread you open has multiple pictures of it. Doesn’t matter what it’s about there’s pictures of It.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it's because it's a truck with a bunch of shiny bolt on crap. That was marty's comment. It's how he likes his rigs. All show. And that's fine. Their his. And it's his money.

Reactions: utlong31

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,482 Posts
Well, I don't do tapatalk. Don't even know what it is.

·
10,482 Posts
No it's because it's a truck with a bunch of shiny bolt on crap. That was marty's comment. It's how he likes his rigs. All show. And that's fine. Their his. And it's his money.
#1. On the outside, what's shiny? The paint! That's right. I guess Oxford White is crap.

#2, What is crap? JLP polished aluminum parts are crap? Really? Wow! A shiny black MP blower is crap? Wow! Whodathunkit? George C's custom transmission cross member is crap? Someone should tell him that! Broncobeaters drive shaft safety loop and pan hard bar are crap? Wish someone would've told me when I bought them. Maybe you are saying the Underhood Specialties polished steel radiator is crap? That must be why multiple people have tried to get me to sell it to them with offers up to $500 dollars! It's crap. Accufab throttle body is crap because it's shiny? Right!

#3 One man's "crap" is another mans gold. I wouldn't trace my truck for yours if you paid me to.

#4. I got it! It's "crap" because it's on a truck the owner refuses to race! Got it!

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
#1. On the outside, what's shiny? The paint! That's right. I guess Oxford White is crap.

#2, What is crap? JLP polished aluminum parts are crap? Really? Wow! A shiny black MP blower is crap? Wow! Whodathunkit? George C's custom transmission cross member is crap? Someone should tell him that! Broncobeaters drive shaft safety loop and pan hard bar are crap? Wish someone would've told me when I bought them. Maybe you are saying the Underhood Specialties polished steel radiator is crap? That must be why multiple people have tried to get me to sell it to them with offers up to $500 dollars! It's crap. Accufab throttle body is crap because it's shiny? Right!

#3 One man's "crap" is another mans gold. I wouldn't trace my truck for yours if you paid me to.

#4. I got it! It's "crap" because it's on a truck the owner refuses to race! Got it!
Lol the response I expected

Just because people try and buy your parts doesn't make them cool.

A driveshaft loop for a truck that doesn't need it. A panhard bar... A part for cornering on a truck with skinny fronts. A part you admit you use to center your axle lol.
A throttle body, mp and jlp sheet metal intake are cool. When they're used. You're running stock or near stock boost. So like everything else they're bolt on appearance parts. Bling for the sake of bling with no actual purpose. Just like a jc whitney catalog.

·
10,482 Posts
Truck doesn't need a safety loop. When it got hit in 2013, the driveshaft pulled out of the transmission and landed on the safety loop while I was driving around 40 mph. I think it was worth having. Insurance company did too. Truck does just fine with those "Skinny" 215 fronts. Every one of those intake parts helped, even if I am running only two pounds over stock boost. The throttle body improved throttle response noticeably.

I know we'll never see eye to eye. I don't give a flying fuck! I'm truly happy that meeting your "expectations" isn't a requirement for owning a Lightning.

btw, I still have a pair of 295 Eagle's on stock 9.5 rims that can be swapped on in minutes if the need arises. So yeah, the pan hard bar was a plus. Who cars if I use it to help center the axle. I don't like how one tire is more tucked than the other. My friend's black 02 is the same. Driver's side tire is tucked noticeably more than the passenger side tire. Don't like that look. I've seen it on more than one Lightning.

In any event, I've been thinking of selling the Lightning in the near future. Getting bored with it and not willing to spend the crazy sums of money on it that you guys do. No way no how. I have better things to do with my money than throw it a a 16 year old truck. I've spent enough on it already.

One thing is for sure. Should I sell it, I'll be out of here and sure won't miss IDIOTS like you. You're an opinionated Asshat! Back on IGNORE with you.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Look ass... I said 50x that while I don't like your truck, it's yours and I'm glad you do whatever you want with it.

You claim you don't care what people think and then spend 45 minutes defending yourself. You also said that you're being buried in it. What is it, buried or sold?

And you couldn't pay me to put good year eagles on the truck. Even the newest pair made is to old to be driven on.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I was kind of confused by being buried in it but then selling in it...don't know if the new owner is going to be willing to provide it as a casket. :oops:

·
10,482 Posts
While I did say that, the thought of selling it has been getting stronger. I recently turned 59, will be wanting to retire soon. Don't want all these money pits over my head. And the Lightning is the biggest one I have. It'll be followed by the 08 Suzuki B-King. Then the 06 M109R. When I retire, I just want the Ranger and the Mustang. Nothing more.

And let's be truthful, only the very rich can afford to be buried in their vehicles. I am not one of them. If I want to live comfortably retired, I need to lighten the load. It may be paid for, but it's still expensive to keep around.

·
10,482 Posts
Dibs on the B-King unless it's been JC Whitney'ed out! ;)
No, it hasn't been. LMAO!
Neither is my Lightning, despite what certain idiots on this forum like to believe.
I'll send you a pm with my phone number. Planning on bailing from this website due to that idiot Doucheten. I have a friend with a black Lightning who is a member here, but will not post here at all due to Doucheten. I am going to follow in my friends footsteps. I'm sure Doucheten will be happy. Same goes for the one who started the JC Whitney meme. FOAD. ESAD. GFY!
Yeah, CL top-asshat, you can deactivate my account at any time. I won't be back after this post.

Attachments

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
No, it hasn't been. LMAO!
Neither is my Lightning, despite what certain idiots on this forum like to believe.
I'll send you a pm with my phone number. Planning on bailing from this website due to that idiot Doucheten. I have a friend with a black Lightning who is a member here, but will not post here at all due to Doucheten. I am going to follow in my friends footsteps. I'm sure Doucheten will be happy. Same goes for the one who started the JC Whitney meme. FOAD. ESAD. GFY!
Yeah, CL top-asshat, you can deactivate my account at any time. I won't be back after this post.
This is literally the 4th time you've said that.

59 years old and you still resort to name calling and thinking you're clever by misspelling my name into something. You're so witty and funny and awesome. It's a shocker that you fucking live alone in an apartment. Here's a clue why.... You're a fucking juvenile. Everyone I know on this forum that's dealt with you refuses to do so again. Because you're a child.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
2016... Thought you were leaving then?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts