Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,482 Posts
JC Whitney catalog cover truck!
Really! What, exactly, on my truck qualifies it to be a JC Whitney cover truck? Not one item on it came from there, haven't bought anything from that place in 20 years. Most of the stuff on my truck is JLP or LFP, with a few exceptions. I am certain that JC Whitney doesn't sell $400 dollar carbon fiber Mustang hood vents. JC Whitney implies cheap shit in my opinion. Nothing on my truck was cheap.

And I'm certain Kenny Proctor would take offense that all the blood, sweat and tears he put into that hood qualifies it as a JC Whitney vehicle.

But of course, you're welcome to your opinion. Dumb as it is.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Really! What, exactly, on my truck qualifies it to be a JC Whitney cover truck? Not one item on it came from there, haven't bought anything from that place in 20 years. Most of the stuff on my truck is JLP or LFP, with a few exceptions. I am certain that JC Whitney doesn't sell $400 dollar carbon fiber Mustang hood vents. JC Whitney implies cheap shit in my opinion. Nothing on my truck was cheap.

And I'm certain Kenny Proctor would take offense that all the blood, sweat and tears he put into that hood qualifies it as a JC Whitney vehicle.

But of course, you're welcome to your opinion. Dumb as it is.
Why don't you ask Kenny what he thinks about that hood.
Kenny is a fine craftsman. But just because he worked hard on it doesn't mean he likes it.

Look man, we all know you love your truck. And it's style is certainly not for most. It's yours. You love it. That's all that matters.

·
10,482 Posts
It's Style? It's a freaking Lightning. The only thing really different is the hood. Everything else is standard fair Lightning. If you don't like the hood, fine. I get it. But it's not a JC Whitney cover vehicle. There's nothing on it from there and never will be. At least the hood vents are Ford Mustang parts, just carbon fiber instead of plastic.

Thatdude said he has the same hood as mine, just minus the side vents. I know some don't like it because of the fake intakes. Oh well! I get many compliments on it here where I live.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
It's Style? It's a freaking Lightning. The only thing really different is the hood. Everything else is standard fair Lightning. If you don't like the hood, fine. I get it. But it's not a JC Whitney cover vehicle. There's nothing on it from there and never will be. At least the hood vents are Ford Mustang parts, just carbon fiber instead of plastic.

Thatdude said he has the same hood as mine, just minus the side vents. I know some don't like it because of the fake intakes. Oh well! I get many compliments on it here where I live.
And the stickers. And the hids. And the bed cover.
There are a lot of things not standard fare. And there nothing wrong with that. It's yours. It's different.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
And those hood vents are listed as universal. Not mustang vents

·
10,482 Posts
And those hood vents are listed as universal. Not mustang vents
That's only because the Mustang parts are inset in the hood. These are the exact same parts, but they sit on the hood. The part number for the universal is CF-100002, the inset ones for Mustangs is CF-100001. Same exact part, different method of mounting.

Funny, the HIDs came from Mike Gondek (Blowerwhore). So criticize him for having them on his truck first. Far as I know he still has HIDs on his truck, just different brand. What's wrong with HIDs? They are bright sumbitches. I can drive with just them on and the headlights off and see just fine. Mainly bought them because my original fogs were ugly looking, and these were available. So I snagged them. Nothing more to it.

The stickers, I ain't the only one. I put them on because the truck was just TOO WHITE! Looked like Casper the friendly ghost. Needed some contrast.

The bed cover was on the truck when I bought it. I am not changing it or going through the hassle of trying to sell it. It was there from day one and will stay there until the end. I'm spoiled with it, it's like a big giant trunk. We currently have a scam going on here where idiots are breaking into vehicles and stealing the insurance and registration documents. Then go to another state and buy a vehicle using that information. Since the information was yours, you're the one on the hook for it. We have been told not to keep those documents in the glove compartment, stash them elsewhere. That big locked trunk is a great place to do so.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
That's only because the Mustang parts are inset in the hood. These are the exact same parts, but they sit on the hood. The part number for the universal is CF-100002, the inset ones for Mustangs is CF-100001. Same exact part, different method of mounting.

Funny, the HIDs came from Mike Gondek (Blowerwhore). So criticize him for having them on his truck first. Far as I know he still has HIDs on his truck, just different brand. What's wrong with HIDs? They are bright sumbitches. I can drive with just them on and the headlights off and see just fine. Mainly bought them because my original fogs were ugly looking, and these were available. So I snagged them. Nothing more to it.

The stickers, I ain't the only one. I put them on because the truck was just TOO WHITE! Looked like Casper the friendly ghost. Needed some contrast.

The bed cover was on the truck when I bought it. I am not changing it or going through the hassle of trying to sell it. It was there from day one and will stay there until the end. I'm spoiled with it, it's like a big giant trunk. We currently have a scam going on here where idiots are breaking into vehicles and stealing the insurance and registration documents. Then go to another state and buy a vehicle using that information. Since the information was yours, you're the one on the hook for it. We have been told not to keep those documents in the glove compartment, stash them elsewhere. That big locked trunk is a great place to do so.
A) stop being so defensive
B) hid's in housings that aren't retrofits are ricer bullshit. And I'll text Mike as soon as I am Done here and tell him the same thing.
C) just because you aren't alone in doing something doesn't make it cool. Look at all the fucking lightnings with sunroofs and flip kits.

Reactions: Leeproctor83

·
10,482 Posts
Defensive? I love my truck. They can bury me in it. I get thumbs up and compliments on it practically every time I drive it. Still get people who never knew the Lightning exists as well. And they do now because of me and my beautiful Lightning. ;-)

The HIDs are in stock Lightning housings. They look exactly like the originals, only cleaner and new. Have the same markings and part numbers on the back side. They attach to the stock mounts perfectly.

I've never seen a Lightning with a sunroof.

What's a flip kit? Flipping the axle on top of the springs? I thought everyone here likes skateboards?

I guess the latter two are a result of being a Fakebook member? Which I'm not and never will be.

Attachments

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Defensive? I love my truck. They can bury me in it. I get thumbs up and compliments on it practically every time I drive it. Still get people who never knew the Lightning exists as well. And they do now because of me and my beautiful Lightning. ;-)

The HIDs are in stock Lightning housings. They look exactly like the originals, only cleaner and new. Have the same markings and part numbers on the back side. They attach to the stock mounts perfectly.

I've never seen a Lightning with a sunroof.

What's a flip kit? Flipping the axle on top of the springs? I thought everyone here likes skateboards?

I guess the latter two are a result of being a Fakebook member? Which I'm not and never will be.
Flip kits and sunroofs are tukache shit. Where you live I'm surprised you've never seen it.

I like low trucks. Lowered correct. To maintain ride quality. Not flip kits

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Those black vents are actually carbon fiber, left in it's natural state. Got them from CARiD, but made by APR Performance. the same company that makes the diffuser on the back of my Stang.

I just put a set of cheaper plastic ones on my Ranger's hood, to see if I could do it myself. Then buying two more of the above to put on my Mustangs hood. Even just idling, the amount of hot air escaping out them is worth the addition.
Did you have to cut your hood to put those on? Also are they functional. What happens when you was the truck or it rains, does the engine get wet?

·
10,482 Posts
Did you have to cut your hood to put those on? Also are they functional. What happens when you was the truck or it rains, does the engine get wet?
Yes, the hood is cut for them. Yes they are functional, lots of heat escapes them just idling. They are far enough away from the engine that it doesn't affect anything. I don't drive it in the rain in any event, not with M & H Racemasters on the back. When I wash it, the water just falls onto the ground. When you look into them, you see the ground. They don't affect the plugs at all.

Be aware that some people here think they make my truck a candidate for a JC Whitney cover truck. LMAO!!

Here's the link to the article of it's making by Kenny Proctor, a member here.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes, the hood is cut for them. Yes they are functional, lots of heat escapes them just idling. They are far enough away from the engine that it doesn't affect anything. I don't drive it in the rain in any event, not with M & H Racemasters on the back. When I wash it, the water just falls onto the ground. When you look into them, you see the ground. They don't affect the plugs at all.

Be aware that some people here think they make my truck a candidate for a JC Whitney cover truck. LMAO!!

Here's the link to the article of it's making by Kenny Proctor, a member here.
not sure what JC Whitney is

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think what was meant was that it’s like the catalog truck because every thread you open has multiple pictures of it. Doesn’t matter what it’s about there’s pictures of It.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,482 Posts
I think what was meant was that it’s like the catalog truck because every thread you open has multiple pictures of it. Doesn’t matter what it’s about there’s pictures of It.

Now don't go exaggerating. You know that's not true. LOL!!

·
10,482 Posts
For many years, before the interwebs, it was a mail order catalog company. That mainly sold a bunch of worthless junk. Some of it was good stuff, but it wasn't the general rule. They used to send this big ass catalog to your mailbox way too often. Mine all went in the round-open-top-file.

·
10,482 Posts
Of all the current highlighted threads on the Gen. II forum, dark blue highlighted meaning I haven't ever read anything on them, there are currently 25 on the first page alone.

Yes, I love my truck. When I start pushin up daisies, they can bury me in it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Of all the current highlighted threads on the Gen. II forum, dark blue highlighted meaning I haven't ever read anything on them, there are currently 25 on the first page alone.

Yes, I love my truck. When I start pushin up daisies, they can bury me in it.
Your truck is in 8 threads in the last week.

·
10,482 Posts
Yup. But as I said, there are 25 on the first page of the forum I've never even opened. So there. Stop being anal. Are you bored or something? Have nothing better to do than count the pictures of my truck? Get a life mate! ;-)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yup. But as I said, there are 25 on the first page of the forum I've never even opened. So there. Stop being anal. Are you bored or something? Have nothing better to do than count the pictures of my truck? Get a life mate! ;-)
That’s all you see on tapatalk. The pictures show up in the thread title.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts