Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I originally said it needs some TLC but I'm real happy with the first day results :smt023 Changed the Plugs just to see what they looked like and all 8 looked great (and dry) which was great to see. While changing them I found a melted spark plug wire so I threw a std plug wire on for now and will have to order a set of new wires. (that one is real tight with the custom headers but once it's on there's plenty of room, must have been damaged in the past cause they taped it :p )

Mufflers sounds like ass on idle but they're fine once you get moving, trans feels awesome (but taking some getting use to with a reverse man vb and that killer shifter). Unfortunately I didnt go but around the corner a few times because I blew a fuse and lost the two electric fuel pumps today and didnt want to get stuck with no insurance, registration, inspections sticker, etc (good thing I was pulling in my driveway when it happen) :smt042

Come to find out they have (2) Electric Fans and (2) Electric Fuel Pumps all off the same 25 AMP Fuse, "YIKES". I definitely need to run a separate line and switch for each.

In any case the looks and condition is what sold me on this Ranger and I'm STOKED with that part, it truly looks BAD ASS !!! :ronbowoohoo

A little walk around Vid

A few Pic's

Dirty as hell under there and I'm not sure what those old Bent Up Rusty Brackets are from but I'm betting Wheelie Bars. Pretty cool set up though...

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh ya that interior is Red alright :smt100
(and that Tach is getting moved IMMEDIATELY, fukking thing is blocking the entire windshield I tell ya)

(new Black Bumper & Grill will be here soon and will make a big diff up front)

The Motor

AND MY BEST MOD OF THE DAY

Check out the hood when it was in my neighbors driveway
They never riveted the Dzus Connectors down so every time they took the hood off theh Dzus Connectors spun and gauged a circle in the hood :smt013
The left side was REAL BAD

While I was on vacation I had this idea and stopped in a decal shop and asked the dude to make me (12) 2" Black Gloss Circles.

Used 6 today

and it came out AWESOME

(lost one of the Dzus Connectors but found it tonight in the bushes so I have to still add one)

Pretty Bad Ass Set Up all around but it needs more gear or convertor or the Supercharger put back in IMO :smt042

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That there is "Cleaner Than Shit" :smt042 [smilie=om :laughing25
Got it at some joke shop up in Lake George :p

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Very nice Rob, love the ranger and nova videos. I would mount the tach on the steering colum

·
Administrator
18,598 Posts
Cool toy. As light as it must be, you won't need much HP to impress. But that mill sounds a bit weak in the video. A nice big cube Windsor should be built up and a big blower(I prefer Procharger) installed for the WOW factor.

Jim

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks All :bigtu

Cool toy. As light as it must be, you won't need much HP to impress. But that mill sounds a bit weak in the video. A nice big cube Windsor should be built up and a big blower(I prefer Procharger) installed for the WOW factor.

Jim
Ya Jim I am not impressed (so far) with the motor BUT something tells me there's an easy answer (just got to figure it out). There's no way someone would set something up like this with things like Twin Fuel Pumps, 8an lines, Twin Filters, Fluid Damper, Billet Pulleys, Elec Water Pump, Built T400 w/ Rev VB, Dana Rear, and what appears to be bend Wheelie Bar Brackets :p

I still dont have the cam specs but should shortly and maybe it just needs to be adjusted, plus I need to go over the timing and install new wires. Plus the Barry Grant Demon is brand new (car was sitting so they bought a new carb) and it definitely needs proper adjusting yet, and of course the fuel filters need to be changed. As said it was a good first day and I got a lot done considering, I am definitely not ruling out a replacement motor in time but want to get it street worthy with this one "for now" ;)

Thanks All :cheers

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Once I get it all running good and adjusted I'll make a GOOD VID ;)
Right now it's running ok but not 100% right and I know it's just a matter of Timing or Valve Adjustment or I got more bad Ignition Wires.

Tonight was all about appearance

BEFORE :smt078

DURING

AFTER

Brand New in the Box Black Steel Bumper and Black Plastic Grill for $124.00 total
And it gave it the look I was looking for :woohoo
(I had to cut a bumper bolt off the old bumper so I'm short a bolt till I find one, no biggy...)

Thanks Again All :cheers

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
Much better blacked

Sent via my damn droid.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya it's a 383 Stroker Motor and although it wouldnt have been my first choice it's what was in there and I think it may have some hidden potential (only time will tell).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts