Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody found a good price on a 200+ amp alternator anywhere? any comments on ones you have purchased and placed purchased from? i am in need of one for my 03 L.

·
Registered
4 Posts
go to ebay and type in 200 amp alternators, there is a company that sells them and if you click on any of there auctions, go to the bottom and you will see the part for their website, they have alt. for any vehicle, they are a direct factory replacement as well, i am getting one for my system when i am done makeing in, i believe they are $250

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I never ran a high amp alternator as I invesed in a altima dry cell and a power cap. and was good to go.

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
99BlackBeast said:
I never ran a high amp alternator as I invesed in a altima dry cell and a power cap. and was good to go.
i have a yellowtop already and a cap

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
JLP

Talk to Sue (I believe that's her name.. it's beeen a while) at JLP.

JLP has a NEW 300 amp alternator with ALL the correct stuff on it.

There might be just ONE minor issue with it... it costs! But if you want a good reliable product, you're going to have to pay the price.

The costs... oh its $500 , but comes with a new belt.

Best of luck,

Tony

·
NO SPONSORS
5,690 Posts
my alt. crapped out in 2 years! luckily i had another stocker laying around so i had my guy rebuild it. cost me $250 but it puts out 240amps. he said at idle it is 180amps! so when i do the new motor this is going in unless the stocker craps out! then i will have that one rebuilt the same way!

·
Registered
30 Posts
excessiveamperage.com paid 350 for a custom built 225 amp alternator for my dakota... im runnin 2 FI BL 15s and a 3000W sundown amp... have one extra optima yellowtop and i have NO issues whatsoever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts