Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99' Ford Lightning and I wanted to upgrade the headlights to HID's. I am really confused on which are good brands and which aren't. I read a lot about lights flickering and going out on them while they are on the freeway and I want to get a pair that are least likely to have that happen.

If you guys can post some pics and suggest which kits have worked best for you with minimal issues, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have a 99' Ford Lightning and I wanted to upgrade the headlights to HID's. I am really confused on which are good brands and which aren't. I read a lot about lights flickering and going out on them while they are on the freeway and I want to get a pair that are least likely to have that happen.

If you guys can post some pics and suggest which kits have worked best for you with minimal issues, I would appreciate it.
I'll only put kits from The Retrofit Source. Tried all the cheap Amazon and want kits. Hit and miss with them. TRS had too notch stuff with decent prices esp if you can find what you're looking for in the clearance section. You can even buy a set of headlights off the above mentioned and ship them to them and they will do a complete retro fit with projectors, steroids and ballasts of your choice. Only place I'll even think about buying hid stuff from.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
still running the stock setup in the lightning. the last one i did though was the morrimoto mini h1 with gatling shroud. i used the 3five ballasts.

here are a few pics.

also another TRS retrofit i did:

i know its higher on the right side but thats how i like my HL adjusted, i like seeing the side of the road. wish i had more output shots but never figured id need them. they are WAY brighter than the chaepy's and the pics may look bright but they do no justice.

also these little cheap guys are bright as hell!, LOL buy two packs though.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...LS5CRYRJA0THVB285MridPHQ&ust=1444438927598482

ordered mine from amazon, only like 8 bucks for a pack of two, always run them in my fogs.

fogs only for like 30-40 feet away

the last setup on the 4runner lit up the road like no other and never got flashed once. i could ride behind brand new bummers and benz's and lexus's or whatever and my lights would way overpower theirs, shine further, wider and brighter and not be blinding them even though i was lifted.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
LED's are very efficient and instant on.. But they will never top true HID's in penetration, or " throw" or plain output in projectors. Wouldn't even consider them without a projector, or HID's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts