Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys somethings wrong with my truck. Can Someone help me figure out wtf it is.

Problem :

I noticed today that my truck is making a banging clunk kinda noise when I put it in drive. It only makes the noise if I keep my foot on the brake all the way then engage drive while keeping my foot to the brake. If I take my foot off the brake before the tranny engages it doesnt make any noise. And the same if I let it roll a lil out of my driveway before engaging drive.

The sound, sounds like it is coming from the front of the truck and is quite loud. Anyone ever experience this ?? Please Help with any Info you can as how to fix my problem.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pyschoblue02 said:
check the ujoints
Whats the best way to do this ?? Is it hard to replace or fix ???

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just any overall movement at the u-joint ? or movement in a certain way ??? U joint is at the front of the driveshaft and tail of the tranny right ??

·
Registered
367 Posts
If your U joints are good, I would pull hte inspection plate on the bell housing (were you motor meets your tranny), Take a flashlight and look at your flywheel, it might be lose but I doubt it. I would check it though if your still experienceing this and your U joints are good.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the ideas guys I'm gonna try and check them tomorrow....I'm also gonna swing out past Sals shop and see if he can help me figure it out...God its good to have his shop only 4towns away....I just talked to him and he said I should check my tranny mount as well as the u-joints so I guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon...thanks guys any other suggestions keep coming so while at his shop if it can help us locate whats goin on with my truck.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Ran to Sals a few minutes ago, Josh and his truck were there. Sal pulled the rear cover and found some damage, that sucks Josh, so sorry Pal..... :(
#$%@!#$&@#$&@#

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep seems my clutch packs are fubard....man this sucks....

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BoostinSvt954 said:
that blows a big one! whats the damage if u dont mine me asking?
Clutch packs are toast at the minimum......Sal looked everything over he could without takin it completly apart and said it all looks good. Hopefully thats the way its gonna be when its apart...I cant say enough how good it is to have him basically in my backyard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.