Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,392 Posts
It's extremely hard to tell anything by the angles of those pictures... it appears the P/S may be toed in slightly but, the steering wheel could be turned slightly to the left.

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Yep. What it does is replace the bolts on your upper control arms. The center of the cam bolts are offset. So as you turn the washers it forces the control arms out, pushing the tops of your wheels out to correct the "tilt".

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep. What it does is replace the bolts on your upper control arms. The center of the cam bolts are offset. So as you turn the washers it forces the control arms out, pushing the tops of your wheels out to correct the "tilt".
alright, so i can replace the bolts myself to correct the tilt then take it in for alingment right? or should i let em do everything

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Yep. If you have mechanical knowledge it is simple. Are you lowered at all? If so, check to see if you have the cam bolts already. It will just look like bolts with big round washers. If you don't, the washers will be rectangle shaped.
If you are not lowered, the upper control arms may just need to be changed out. Common problem is they wear out. I've had to replace them on both of my trucks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep. If you have mechanical knowledge it is simple. Are you lowered at all? If so, check to see if you have the cam bolts already. It will just look like bolts with big round washers. If you don't, the washers will be rectangle shaped.
If you are not lowered, the upper control arms may just need to be changed out. Common problem is they wear out. I've had to replace them on both of my trucks.
yea i lowered it myself by cutting the springs. so yea im sure these bolts aint in it. i jus placed an order on the camber kit, ill install them myself so hopefully that works. if not ill replace the control arms like you said

1 - 20 of 30 Posts