Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 03 harley and truck is lowered has jlp shackles so I pit it on the highest position and was wondering how many leaf springs do the harley have? This one has 4 does anyone have a picture of the stock leaf springs?
Also did the turkey pan delete and saw a vacuum line not plugged can't seem to fine where it goes are the diagram same as the lightning although the harley doesn't have the boost gauge on the cluster? Egr is still on the truck.
Having the p1000, P0171,P0174 codes I changed the O2 sensors and codes came back on. Just changed the pvc valve and plugged the turkey pan and installed the oem intake from my lightning since the K&N intake threads from the pvc valve are gone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should I just cap out the black line that goes from the lower intake to the boost gauge since the harley are not equipped with it and then just put an I fitting on it when I install the boost gauge? Or leave it uncapped
Currently have the pink line from top of boost actuator to the boost bypass solenoid is that correct
Been searching around for stock vaccum diagram

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
385 Posts
Post some pictures of leaf set up. Curious to see which were removed & change it made. I was pondering removing 1 to drop my rear 1/2" more.

·
Registered
208 Posts
re ^
I've got a broken driver side spring.. one leaf is missing from the axle tube back..
that side of my truck is A LOT more than 1/2 inch lower than the other side..

more like 1 1/2 - 2 inches..

·
Registered
385 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have shackles only? Or Hangers also?

My truck is still a little lower with both?

I'd bet with the leafs missing you bottom out (axle to frame) alot?
Yes shackles only hangers are stock. Yes I bottomed out often that's why I changed the setting on the shackles. That's when I noticed I had 4 leaf springs only. It was lowered when I bought it. Does your front tires rub with the fender trim? I also installed the stock front spindles back because of that. This is how it was when I got it

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes shackles only hangers are stock. Yes I bottomed out often that's why I changed the setting on the shackles. That's when I noticed I had 4 leaf springs only. It was lowered when I bought it. Does your front tires rub with the fender trim? I also installed the stock front spindles back because of that. This is how it was when I got it View attachment 545263
I'm on Belltech 2" spindles and get no rub or even close to finders. Only rub would be tire to frame when turning all the way.

You must have lowering or cut Springs up front.

Rear without a C notch you'll need to go up. 4" max

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm on Belltech 2" spindles and get no rub or even close to finders. Only rub would be tire to frame when turning all the way.

You must have lowering or cut Springs up front.

Rear without a C notch you'll need to go up. 4" max
I'll have to check the springs out thanks
Rear looks good might just install a leaf spring from my lightning to the harley for towing it around in the future.
What rear tires do you have the look real nice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts