Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I drove through wet cement... or something. It's all up the sides of my truck and I can't get it off. I think I've tried just about everything and nothing is working. I'm really getting pissed off here.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:
The other day I drove through wet cement... or something.  It's all up the sides of my truck and I can't get it off.  I think I've tried just about everything and nothing is working.  I'm really getting pissed off here. 
Q:How can I remove cement splatter off my car?
A:Miratic Acid will work to soften the cement so that you can remove it.

Check out this site...

http://www.imagescarcare.com/qa.asp

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
also something else I found...

22.1. I have a few cement splatters on my 96 Monte Carlo. They came from a truck on the highway. The splatters have dried. How do I remove them without damaging the finish?

Everything depends on the type of paint on the vehicle. If it is a urethane then a solution of muriatic acid (household name for hydrochloric acid) should work. Try a weak solution on a small area first. The concrete should foam and turn yellow. Then wash off with water.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chris. I'll try again tomorrow or Monday. I gave up on it today because I took a little last minute trip out to PA for the day. I HOPE this crap comes off. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
FOR A PRICE, I'LL REMOVE IT [smilie=dancingnaughty.gif]   :smt057 :smt058

I can tell you Lighting Fluid works amazing in A LOT of cases, not sure about cement though ??

That sucks monkey ass
WHO CAN I KILL FOR YOU BABE )@$^)@$%)@$%)@$%)@$%@$
So Sorry LA, please keep us informed

BTW
HOOD LOOKS AWESOME

·
Registered
129 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:
The other day I drove through wet cement... or something.  It's all up the sides of my truck and I can't get it off.  I think I've tried just about everything and nothing is working.  I'm really getting pissed off here. 
You DO KNOW that the longer it stays on, the harder it will be to get off [smilie=eek4.gif]

I was gonna offer you my Apten Blower Leeann, but Pete beat ya to it........sorry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob_02Lightning said:
FOR A PRICE, I'LL REMOVE IT [smilie=dancingnaughty.gif]   :smt057 :smt058

I can tell you Lighting Fluid works amazing in A LOT of cases, not sure about cement though ??

That sucks monkey ass
WHO CAN I KILL FOR YOU BABE )@$^)@$%)@$%)@$%)@$%@$
So Sorry LA, please keep us informed

BTW
HOOD LOOKS AWESOME
What's the price?   :D

Oh yeah, and thanks... I love the hood.   :)

The Orginal GATOR said:
You DO KNOW that the longer it stays on, the harder it will be to get off [smilie=eek4.gif]
That's the same with EVERYTHING, ain't it??   :smt017

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally a question that I have no idea on what to do. However I would be very carefull with Hydrohcloric Acid, or Muriatic Acid. What do you think causes acid rain spots on cars?

I would talk to a profecional auto detailer, I am sure they have seen this type of problem before and will know what to do. Untill then keep it real wet so it can't dry and setup.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DonsBolt said:
Finally a question that I have no idea on what to do.
:smt107 Do I get a prize or something?? [smilie=eek4.gif]

I got most of it off, THANK GOD... There are just a few small spots on my passenger side fender and door that won't come off. You can't see it unless you're right on top of it... But of course I know it's there. I was about to go F someone up. :smt066

1 - 10 of 10 Posts