Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to messing with these trucks. Mostly I have a diesel background.

Recently bought this truck. The guy who sold it to me has all EGR turned off in the tune. So as I went to repair a leak in the timing cover I wanted to pull the EGR stuff out including boost bypass solenoid. He had messed with some of the vacuum lines already.

when I traced the vacuum lines behind the motor and back to the battery area, I assumed the black vacuum line there was going to the boost actuator and could be capped (see picture). I yanked on it and capped the plug. When I went back around to the other side, I saw
Another vacuum line that is in the same area as where the boost solenoid was. This vacuum line is connected to the upper plenum off of the large black line.

bottom line, I need some help making sure my vacuum lines are routed correctly.

pictures are below. I havebt started the truck up yet so I don’t know anything else about how it’s going to run.

from the mid plate (sorry for the terminology) should give boost and vacuum.This is connected to
The boost gauge, FPR, and upper portion of boost bypass valve.
The lower side of the boost bypass valve is connected to the intake.

mid plenum driver side isconnected to brake booster

The upper plenum (behind the throttle body passenger side) is connected to red line that runs to a sensor of some sort next to the brake booster, a large black line that Ts into the “phantom” vacuum line, and then continues to the vacuum reservoir.

off of the reservoir I have two large lines with looks like check valves. One smaller line goes through the firewall (assume blend doors) and the other small black line that I currently have capped and no idea what it’s for.

so there are 2 small vacuum lines (both capped) and I’m not sure what they are supposed to do. The one into the reserve I thought was for the boost bypass solenoid - but now I’m not sure if this is all correct.

thanks in advance for the assist!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that diagrams the clearest one I’ve seen! Thanks!

Definitely a random T off of the large black vacuum coming off the SC on the left side of the diagram. That’s the line that isn’t labeled anywhere.

Is the yellow box saying AC door controls supposed to be referring to the Vac reservoir itself? The line above that in the diagram looks like it’s connected to the boost bypass solenoid.

sorry for the rookie questions. All the pictures I could find on here were no longer viewable.

·
local painter
2,865 Posts
This one was written in crayons on a feminine napkin but might help.
746C1327-AF44-4593-A9B5-FBF7147811D9.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts