Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rockon_fordJust wanted to say hello, and introduce myself. My name is Jon and I live in Fayetteville, NC. I have always liked the second gen lightnings but was never in a position to be able to afford one. Well just so happens the planets aligned, and my cards fell right and I am finally the owner of a 2001. It's black and yellow, with black powder coated rims. It has some of the basic bolt on mods, and was tuned by Bigwood racing(Randy Haywood), and is "supposed" to have 400HP/515TQ at the wheels. I have no paperwork proving it, so I won't say it to be true, but it runs very strong. I just drove it to MO and back, and although it drank some gas, it was blast to drive, embarassed a challenger, an escalade, and a later model GT, not to mention coming through the mountains out of WV and carving up the corners!!!! It was well worth the wait!!! Nice to meet yall

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good looking truck Jeremy, is that powder coating on your S/C? Got a couple of buddies that have new 5.0's and they want to go to Rockingham to do some racing. I think they're running like 12.7's with the mods they have, so we'll see what happens. I'll post it up, with some vids when we go.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
Welcome

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
welcome

:stoffer:

and are you part of the 82nd???

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Thats a good looking truck Jeremy, is that powder coating on your S/C? Got a couple of buddies that have new 5.0's and they want to go to Rockingham to do some racing. I think they're running like 12.7's with the mods they have, so we'll see what happens. I'll post it up, with some vids when we go.
Paint is rattle can duplicolor. Has held up great for over a year of daily driving.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
picked it up in Warrenton NC, 2 weeks ago. Found it on CL, made the guy an offer and he took it, because he's getting married and needed money for a house. Great guy, and awsome truck. 2000 mile road trip without any issues.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
welcome to LR bro

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
John, not sure if it was on HP junkies or not.

SR81,As far as Fastlane working on it....... I might, I have dealt with them on my wifes 99 cobra and it's still not right. I like the way it runs now, minus the service eng light staying on. I put a scan tool on it and it says it's in the PROM, so I'm guessing it's seeing that the parameters have been changed, but it runs strong, and I go a ton of other projects right now so it will probably get a new set of sneakers for the rear and thats it for now. Of course, as yall know, that all goes out the window the first time you get beat!!!

·
AKA "Da Postman"
2,845 Posts
Welcome to the site! Post some pics up so everyone can see it!

·
Registered
790 Posts
good ol' fayettenam...

Welcome to the site Jon - :cheers
its always good to meet up with other locals during GTGs and check their stuff out first hand...see what you like and what you don't

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome, I would like to meet up with yall somtime. Yall could tell me more about my truck than I know!! I will get some more pics once I get the bugs and crap washed off from the road trip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.