Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here for awhile, never actually posted I believe. I have been looking into a Lightning for some time now.
In Nov-Dec this year (2005) I will be looking to BUY a Black Lightning, perferably a '03-'04 because of the slight changes they made which I have read made the truck significantly better. I am looking for a truck with mods or none, but no intense racing I would like a Truck that I know will not break down months to years after I buy it. I have been interested in Lightnings since about '98 and I've been waiting for this time to come. I live in South Florida if that helps any.

Also if I get a stock Lightning, what are the top performance upgrades I should equip it with?
It will be my day-to-day vehicle but also something I will take to the track just run every once in awhile...

Thank you,
c.nash

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hello and welcome!
These are great trucks. Once you own and drive one, you'll want to mod!!!
These trucks are addictive!!
Chip/pulley/filter to start.Also get a tune from a reputable tuner(PSP,JDM,RWTD)
With that combo it's a good modding start!
Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I remembered this site when I saw a black lightning in Hialeah today and a White one in Miami infront of my school (Robert Morgan), and I thought to myself "I wonder how Lightning Rodder is doing now". Last time I was here the forums were dead...

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Wecome xile [smilie=wavey.gif]

Good Choice on Black, everyone KNOWS it's the fastest :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome Xile and enjoy. One problem with you getting a Black L. You might get the Rob syndrom and therefore talk alot of smack that you can't back up. :D Again the trucks are the Best. And Welcome Again

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome.

Performance Mods??? Hmmmm...go ahead and do the built motor mod first. It will save you alot of worrying and that is where your going to end up anyway.

Rocks :D

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Your first mods should be a Cold Air kit, lower pulley, Factory Tech Valve body and a good tune.

I can help you with all of the above when your ready.

Get ready to contract MODTHRAX!!! [smilie=eek4.gif] These trucks are addictive.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Xile,

Welcome back to LR :D I am glad our site was in your mind when you saw those two L's!

An 03 L is fantastic choice for a number of reasons (#1 reason = heads)!

Modthrax, yes I have it and I don't intend to deal with it :LOL

Welcome back xile!

-Chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
welcome! where in south florida do u live? i live in fort lauderdale if u wanna ride in mine ill give u a ride or i can help u look for them as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in Homestead but I goto school at Robert Morgan in Miami.
Thanks all you guys.
I'll be around! =)

-c.nash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome, BTW I think SFPH has a very clean used lighting for sale. Might wanna check it out.

Rich

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know. It's nice aswell and I love the mods, the only thing is I don't like red...
I want a black one. I know, I'm picky. =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts