Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here for awhile, never actually posted I believe. I have been looking into a Lightning for some time now.
In Nov-Dec this year (2005) I will be looking to BUY a Black Lightning, perferably a '03-'04 because of the slight changes they made which I have read made the truck significantly better. I am looking for a truck with mods or none, but no intense racing I would like a Truck that I know will not break down months to years after I buy it. I have been interested in Lightnings since about '98 and I've been waiting for this time to come. I live in South Florida if that helps any.

Also if I get a stock Lightning, what are the top performance upgrades I should equip it with?
It will be my day-to-day vehicle but also something I will take to the track just run every once in awhile...

Thank you,
c.nash

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hello and welcome!
These are great trucks. Once you own and drive one, you'll want to mod!!!
These trucks are addictive!!
Chip/pulley/filter to start.Also get a tune from a reputable tuner(PSP,JDM,RWTD)
With that combo it's a good modding start!
Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I remembered this site when I saw a black lightning in Hialeah today and a White one in Miami infront of my school (Robert Morgan), and I thought to myself "I wonder how Lightning Rodder is doing now". Last time I was here the forums were dead...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome Xile and enjoy. One problem with you getting a Black L. You might get the Rob syndrom and therefore talk alot of smack that you can't back up. :D Again the trucks are the Best. And Welcome Again

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Xile,

Welcome back to LR :D I am glad our site was in your mind when you saw those two L's!

An 03 L is fantastic choice for a number of reasons (#1 reason = heads)!

Modthrax, yes I have it and I don't intend to deal with it :LOL

Welcome back xile!

-Chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
welcome! where in south florida do u live? i live in fort lauderdale if u wanna ride in mine ill give u a ride or i can help u look for them as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in Homestead but I goto school at Robert Morgan in Miami.
Thanks all you guys.
I'll be around! =)

-c.nash

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know. It's nice aswell and I love the mods, the only thing is I don't like red...
I want a black one. I know, I'm picky. =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.