Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wes got my an early B-day present!!! a picture of my new JLP motor at their shop.:woohoo

I sent my valve covers, timing chain cover and they should have gotten there today. JL is gonna install them and my new Innovators West (metco style) balancer, and then IT SHIPS!:yikes

Details on this motor:
everything IS BRAND NEW from oil pan to valve covers n lower intake; except valve covers n timing cover (re-used from my motor).
.20 over (332 cu in)
C.N.C. PORTED HEADS XR 160 LB SPRINGS
8 THREAD NO INCERTS per my request
CAMS FOR LIGHTNING STAGE 3
COMETICTS LAYERED HEAD GASKET; JL decked the block too
ARP -256-4001 220 PSI HEADS STUDS
Innovators West Balancer-SINGLE KEY TO FIT METCO PULLEY RING FOR
LIGHTNING

-got 8 lb metco here w/ 2.7" on the MP with stripped eaton rotors
63 lb flow matched injectors
C&L plenum
Accufab SBTB
K&N intake
mafia... JL said put it on #2 setting
Dynatech LT/ bassani catback exhaust
Mishimoto radiator
JLP "Street" IC res
Afco H/E
new 0-30 psi boost gauge
interceptor with wideband; gotta order oil pressure kit
2400 PI stall
54" JDM long bars
FAF leafs
2" bell tech shackles
Eibach 2" springs
Hotchis front/rear sway bars
dual 255 walboro pumps, steel y

My plan is build a great street truck.... hopefully to have many years of fun with. :rockon_ford and no.... it'll never get a cage. I say that now... but maybe I'll need one?:smt042

maybe I can give Jims MP record[smilie=bo a run some day??? :cheers
Street tune will be conservative since it gets really cold around here in the midwest... fall nights in 40's, and I can only get 91 octane locally here. I'm gonna have JL build me a race tune for it as well.

·
11 Second Club
15,087 Posts
It's allready August LOL.... Congrats brotha

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
:stoffer:

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's allready August LOL.... Congrats brotha

yeah... I can't change my sig STILL for some reason?!

$$$ don't grow on tree's... n uncle Sam don't pay $hit!:laughing25

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
I don't see nothin!

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've dragged n dropped it in the 1st post; I can see it?!:smt102

For some reason, when I forwarded it to my yahoo account from my phone; I try to save the pic to my laptop, and it tries to save it as a firefox document?!:smt013

any help please? :smt102:smt102

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
You fail at research. But my Magnum Powers record setter did have a JLP Plenum, a JLP resevoir, and JLP Composite Leafs on it. And I am sure some of the tidbits I picked up from JL himself certainly helped my efforts.

Good luck with your build. And even your record setting dreams. But I can't see the pic!

Jim

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Congrats Bro-get that baby in there! Happy Birthday!

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You fail at research. But my Magnum Powers record setter did have a JLP Plenum, a JLP resevoir, and JLP Composite Leafs on it. And I am sure some of the tidbits I picked up from JL himself certainly helped my efforts.

Good luck with your build. And even your record setting dreams. But I can't see the pic!

Jim

btw... I read that in another thread that you stated "both motors were JLP built":smt102 read that earlier today as a matter of fact!

o'well.... prob never get any manufacturer records like you east coast guys running at -60 ft D/A in 40 degree weather. But it should be fun!

dang... trying to figure out how to post up the picture another way. Everytime I've come back to this thread it shows for me?! Guess, I'll have to figure out how to download it and post it as an attachment... but getting it from yahoo email.. it'll only download as a firefox document is hard to figure out?:smt101

·
Administrator
18,594 Posts
Now what happenned? I saw the pic just a minute ago. Seems to have been pilferred!

Anyway, it looked just like the other modular motors without timing covers installed yet. But I bet the anticipation is just killing Dave.

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
btw... I read that in another thread that you stated "both motors were JLP built":smt102 read that earlier today as a matter of fact!

o'well.... prob never get any manufacturer records like you east coast guys running at -60 ft D/A in 40 degree weather. But it should be fun!

dang... trying to figure out how to post up the picture another way. Everytime I've come back to this thread it shows for me?! Guess, I'll have to figure out how to download it and post it as an attachment... but getting it from yahoo email.. it'll only download as a firefox document is hard to figure out?:smt101
Try using IE to download it from yahoo.

·
12,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.