Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chasing the Bandit
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experiment to push the HEATON to it's limit has proven to be quite successful.  Today was a great barometer to see how the recent tuning session translated into reduced ETs. For those that don't know, here is my list of mods:

JLP shortblock/Stage Three Comp Cams/TEA CNC heads/larger SS valves
50lb injectors
Extrude Hone upper intake
Extrude Hone lower intake
Accufab Tbody
Kooks L/T's with cats
Stiegemeier Ported HEATON
elec fan
Plasma Booster
C&L intake with JLP ram air system
Beru plugs
Walbro's
MAF extender
SCT Tuning ;)
2400 stall FT billet converter
FTVB
15lbs boost (due to high flow heads and HEATON porting)

The following runs were recorded at MIR track rental 3/18/05, 60 degree F

11.443 @ 118.40      10:17 A.M.
11.339 @ 118.75      10:22 A.M. (hotlap)
11.359 @ 119.54      11:41 A.M.
11.264 @ 119.37      11:52 A.M. (hotlap)
11.198 @ 119.93        1:03 P.M.
11.264 @ 118.95        1:13 P.M. (hotlap) 

I have been racing my L for 4 years now and this is the first time I can ever remember running such strong hotlap numbers.  The HEATON usually falls off considerably when hot, and to better the ETs with no appreciable difference in 60' time is unheard of.  Props must be given to Bob Stiegemeier, who spent considerable time and effort to add additional clearance and work his magic on the HEATON.  His expertise and knowledge regarding maximizing the potential of this stock blower are unparalleled.  Bob is eager to help the BTJ pursuit vehicle achieve even better ETs and I appreciate his support of my goals.

Special thanks should also be provided  to JJ of Woodbine Motorsports.  I was one of JJ's first customers, and have been an ardent supporter since meeting him in late 2001.  He made a wise decision to align himself with JLP in 2003, and has continued to provide excellent customer service and produce results at the track on a consistent basis.  My L is only a Cecil Mod away from achieving my next goal.   :D

BTJ

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
This is great news BTJ! I am glad to see those times/mph with a ported hEATON! :smt023

YOU MUST KEEP US POSTED as to any changes or updates to your L and times/mph! :smt024

You and Ol' JJ keep up the good work, I am glad to hear of your results and gotta say that a 10 second slip is in grabbing distance for ya!  [smilie=discomonkey.gif]  :smt041

-Chris

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Nice runs with the Ported eaton and jlp short block

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
WELL IT'S ABOUT GOT DAM TIME YOU JOINED OUR FAMILY :D

And now it's to brag hu :LOL

Sup BTJ, hows that new edition doing ???

WELCOME HOME MY FRIEND [smilie=wavey.gif]
No one deserves this more than you Pal, [smilie=bow.gif]
That JLP Block, Stiegemeier Eaton, and JJ/JLP Mod list seems to have brought you some extemly impressive results, WOO HOO, way to go, GREAT TEAM WORK ALL :cheers:
ANYTIME you can keep a L running within a tenth or two "on the same day", IS JUST PERFECT

Obviously 10's are just around the corner,
WOO WOO WOO WOO .................

YOU DA MAN BTJ
Just remember I'm the dam sheriff around here :smt033
hehehehehehe

CONGRATS AND GO GET UM PAL [smilie=3gears.gif] [smilie=3gears.gif] [smilie=3gears.gif]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Those are some great times. I don't like the Eaton much for the reasons you stated but seems like if modified by a good shop it can perform.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
Mike,
I can tell you from being there that the truck ran and sounded great!
I just wish I had remembered my camera to get some pics and vids for you.

Congrats!
Now I ask one thing of you ole friend, make a trip to Cecil run a number and whatever that maybe as soon as or even at the track I ask of you this.....

ORDER A G*D D*MN KB!!!!!! lol

Later...
Bruce

·
Chasing the Bandit
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
racetested said:
Those are some great times. I don't like the Eaton much for the reasons you stated but seems like if modified by a good shop it can perform.
After achieving my next goal, I will be calling the JUICEMASTER.  :D

Boss Hoss said:
Mike,

Congrats!
Now I ask one thing of you ole friend, make a trip to Cecil run a number and whatever that maybe as soon as or even at the track I ask of you this.....

Later...
Bruce
I have held off on a KB for a number of reasons.
1.  Maximizing the HEATON's potential
2.  Slowly gaining valuable experience running quicker ET's and improving my driving abilities
3.  Everybody and his cousin has a KB, I wanted to be a bit different
4.  Make JJ earn his money  :)

So far I have hit on all cylinders.

Rob,

I love the site and always view it when online.  I just haven't much time to do so with work and the new SON.  Junior is doing great and going to be a BIG BOY.  [smilie=eek4.gif]

My only advice is to keep heading in the same direction you have been the last several months.  Vendors can provide valuable resources (cash) to keep the site rolling, just don't let them RUN the site and you'll be a very successful ENTHUSIAST-based site.  See you all at Cecil real soon.

BTJ (Rob's deputy)

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
BufordTJustice said:
racetested said:
After achieving my next goal, I will be calling the JUICEMASTER.  :D

Boss Hoss said:
Mike,

Congrats!

Later...
Bruce
I have held off on a KB for a number of reasons.
1.  Maximizing the HEATON's potential
2.  Slowly gaining valuable experience running quicker ET's and improving my driving abilities
3.  Everybody and his cousin has a KB, I wanted to be a bit different
4.  Make JJ earn his money  :)

So far I have hit on all cylinders.

Rob,

I love the site and always view it when online.  I just haven't much time to do so with work and the new SON.  Junior is doing great and going to be a BIG BOY.  [smilie=eek4.gif]

My only advice is to keep heading in the same direction you have been the last several months.  Vendors can provide valuable resources (cash) to keep the site rolling, just don't let them RUN the site and you'll be a very successful ENTHUSIAST-based site.  See you all at Cecil real soon.

BTJ  (Rob's deputy)
Welp you've definately nailed #4  :LOL
I know that truck will run a 10 with that ugly ass Heaton!
Get'RDone!!!!

Later...
Bruce

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
BTJ,

Congrats on the #s. you have way more patience then me. I wanted a 10 so bad I would have built a slingshot at the line if they allowed. LOL

BTW- EXCELLENT choice on the future purchase of the RACETESTED system. I just got mine and its top notch.

VINNIE

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
BTJ,

Its been my pleasure to help you achieve your goals and this goal is only 2 tenths away from being reality.

Cecil and a little more tweaking of your shift points and you will be knocking on the door that nobody has gone thru yet with similar combinations.

Trying to get your stock trans to handle all that power is the tricky part, but it can and will be done.

Steig did a great port job!!!!

Maybe at SSOTN, two records will be set. :shock: :shock:

[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts