Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah. That would make it a hard pass for me. LOL

I'd rather get a between the rails box and use a cargo bar to keep it in place.

OR...

I'm thinking I may reach out to my guy Luke at [email protected] and see what price they can do on this one.
That’s a nice one! But looks like you would have to use their rail system

also if you have it installed in the front, having to roll the cover all the way everytime you want to access it

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
2,987 Posts
That’s a nice one! But looks like you would have to use their rail system

also if you have it installed in the front, having to roll the cover all the way everytime you want to access it
It does appear you need to use their rail system however you can mount at rear of truck as well. Then you could roll up past and put other items in the bed. Other option would be to get a between the rails box and use a cargo bar or two to keep it locked in place so you don't have to drill holes.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It does appear you need to use their rail system however you can mount at rear of truck as well. Then you could roll up past and put other items in the bed. Other option would be to get a between the rails box and use a cargo bar or two to keep it locked in place so you don't have to drill holes.
I actually have one, a weather guard
Had it on my Sierra before I sold it. But too big for me personally
i think if I was taking a long trip, I’d use it though for a jack and stuff

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
825 Posts
If someone was to decide on a install this Tool isn't necessary. The collapsible rivets are sold under the name "Nut-Certs". Simple to install yourself with a bolt-washer-jam nut.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What about super strong magnets? Lol

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have a couple that hold up my guns

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,612 Posts
would everything fit in here? Lol would be better than a milk crate though
Like I said, it's under a locking hard cover. Rarely ever seen by anyone but me. So I don't really care to go with more. Since it's on a BedRug, it doesn't move an inch.
I came upon three brand new never been used black milk crates some years ago. Keep one in the back of my Stang and my Ranger as well. With the same stuff in all of them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Like I said, it's under a locking hard cover. Rarely ever seen by anyone but me. So I don't really care to go with more. Since it's on a BedRug, it doesn't move an inch.
I came upon three brand new never been used black milk crates some years ago. Keep one in the back of my Stang and my Ranger as well. With the same stuff in all of them.
True that
I wanted a Gaylord cover, but they are crazy
They want 1850 plus 300 shipping and that’s in primer lol
I like my soft tonneau. Even though I can’t lock it 😅😂

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Slevin
994 Posts
My bedrug is all stained and used so it wouldn't be the end of the world for me

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My bedrug is all stained and used so it wouldn't be the end of the world for me
A good wash makes en good as new lol
I got one stained. Pressure washed it

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ive got 2 of those boxes in my newer f150. They are ok but cheaply made. They hold quite a bit of stuff though. 1 of the release handles to swimg it out broke for no apparent reason and it cracked on the lid also for no apparent reason. I wldnt buy them again, just sayin.

·
Slevin
994 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've tried that, and scrubbed the fuck out of it. Still stained
Ohh damn, degreaser? Simple green lol
Must be bad hahaha

Reactions: tracifritz

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ive got 2 of those boxes in my newer f150. They are ok but cheaply made. They hold quite a bit of stuff though. 1 of the release handles to swimg it out broke for no apparent reason and it cracked on the lid also for no apparent reason. I wldnt buy them again, just sayin.
Whats the warranty on them like?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whats the warranty on them like?
The degreaser part, yuck. Tools are heavy. Putting that weight up next to the cab is ok. In the back just on one side good way to crash. I know from too many winters up north unfortunately. If my piece of wood broke, sandbags slid to the back. But the stomp brakes they slammed against the cab. Not fun managing weight in the back. You can't predict things with weight at the back. By the cab you are solid.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The degreaser part, yuck. Tools are heavy. Putting that weight up next to the cab is ok. In the back just on one side good way to crash. I know from too many winters up north unfortunately. If my piece of wood broke, sandbags slid to the back. But the stomp brakes they slammed against the cab. Not fun managing weight in the back. You can't predict things with weight at the back. By the cab you are solid.
Wouldn’t be much weight
It’s a plastic tool box
Maybe just a little 90 piece tool box and some pliers, etc

·
Registered
96 Posts
Maybe. It has a great design. Good place to reach tools. Maybe I am just a girl with too many tools and not enough muscle. My stuff would be too heavy. Toolbox would break. If you are carrying around Mickey mouse stuff it makes sense. #50 lbs tops. Like someone said about it busting open expect that to happen unless its just tiny things.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Maybe. It has a great design. Good place to reach tools. Maybe I am just a girl with too many tools and not enough muscle. My stuff would be too heavy. Toolbox would break. If you are carrying around Mickey mouse stuff it makes sense. #50 lbs tops. Like someone said about it busting open expect that to happen unless its just tiny things.
Yeah. It’s just small things for emergencies
In my ranch truck I have my tool box with a 200+ set, heavy duty battery cables, and lots of other things. This would be just an emergency kit I guess.

Reactions: tracifritz

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Are they the undercover brand?
lots of good reviews on undercover brand

·
Registered
798 Posts
Are they the undercover brand?
lots of good reviews on undercover brand
Yeah they are undercover brand. Out of warrenty im sure. Ive also got there hard shell bed cover. The bed cover is pretty nice and came painted. The tool boxes are ok. Like small stuff wld be ok but no tow chains and heavy stuff. They mount pretty good also but like i said they cld be better(cheap made imho) idk. I carry a tool kit in the back of my L also. Like 150 pc set i think it is. Ive got a hard cover on the L also. I just have a rubber mat in the back. The tool kit stsys put for the most part.

This is when they were all new. And one for pic whoreing. Lol

21 - 40 of 45 Posts