Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. So hear me out here lol
I kinda like the idea, but I also think, “what the hell are you thinking”
One flaw about the lightning and having a system. Absolutely no storage space.
I was thinking, is it possible to add one of those swinging tool boxes the newer fords have?
would be awesome to hold some tools, pliers, etc
I usually have a tool box in each vehicle, even if it’s one of those 90 pc sets.
I have soft tonneau cover; so it would be nice to be able to lock some tools in there
wonder if it can be modded to Fit. Need the dimensions

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, literally just found out that they fit lol 😂😂
But how to find a way to not drill the bed? Ideas anyone?

·
Slevin
994 Posts
Let me know if you find a way. I've always liked them

Reactions: SVTKING692

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
2,989 Posts
I actually like this idea however I wouldn't want to drill/cut through my Bedrug to achieve it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This would be good for when we have long cruises, and lord knows one of us will break something... lmao

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually like this idea however I wouldn't want to drill/cut through my Bedrug to achieve it.
I just got my bed rug 😅
I was thinking the same lol
Then again I almost bought one with 4 screw holes cuz the owner had nitrous in the bed

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This would be good for when we have long cruises, and lord knows one of us will break something... lmao
Exactly lol
But even for short rides, I hate not having something to help me out if something happens

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
When I travel down to Florida for the various meets there I typically toss a tool box in the bed along with luggage and a racing jack. I also have a large thick piece of cardboard in the bed to keep the Bedrug as pristine as possible....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I travel down to Florida for the various meets there I typically toss a tool box in the bed along with luggage and a racing jack. I also have a large thick piece of cardboard in the bed to keep the Bedrug as pristine as possible....
you see;the reason I bought this lightning was so I could mod it
Has high miles, so doesn’t hurt lol
I also want a low mile L, I even have almost brand new oem tonneau cover for when/if I ever get it lol just put away.
so more I think about it,I don’t want to drill, but if there is no way around it lol
But I get you. I want things pristine also

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
179 Posts
i was about to get one of the Milwaukee packout kits for the drive to Indy this summer in case something happened, but COVID nixed that idea

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,614 Posts
Pretty cool tool box, I never knew those existed. That being said, my truck has a hard bed cover on it and a BedRug. I keep the bed cover locked at all times, it's like having a huge trunk. My spare is in there up behind the passenger side seat. I keep a black milk crate at the passenger side rear corner with all the things I need, tools, jack, breaker bar tire iron with 22 mm socket on it, jumper cables, can of fix a flat, tubeless tire repair kit and small electric air pump.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
you see;the reason I bought this lightning was so I could mod it
Has high miles, so doesn’t hurt lol
I also want a low mile L, I even have almost brand new oem tonneau cover for when/if I ever get it lol just put away.
so more I think about it,I don’t want to drill, but if there is no way around it lol
But I get you. I want things pristine also
OK. So I went down to my garage to look at the Bedrug and how it's mounted in the bed. I'm thinking you might be able to install that box behind the rug and it would sandwich the rug between the box and the mount.

I've seen these tool boxes when I play around with Ford's build it feature for the new F-150's which they also offer a new Bedrug just like these for the new trucks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only thing I plan on having
OK. So I went down to my garage to look at the Bedrug and how it's mounted in the bed. I'm thinking you might be able to install that box behind the rug and it would sandwich the rug between the box and the mount.

I've seen these tool boxes when I play around with Ford's build it feature for the new F-150's which they also offer a new Bedrug just like these for the new trucks.
the problem is the locking mechanism father in

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pretty cool tool box, I never knew those existed. That being said, my truck has a hard bed cover on it and a BedRug. I keep the bed cover locked at all times, it's like having a huge trunk. My spare is in there up behind the passenger side seat. I keep a black milk crate at the passenger side rear corner with all the things I need, tools, jack, breaker bar tire iron with 22 mm socket on it, can of fix a flat, tubeless tire repair kit and small electric air pump.
would everything fit in here? Lol would be better than a milk crate though

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Only thing I plan on having

the problem is the locking mechanism father in
Yeah. That would make it a hard pass for me. LOL

I'd rather get a between the rails box and use a cargo bar to keep it in place.

OR...

I'm thinking I may reach out to my guy Luke at [email protected] and see what price they can do on this one.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was about to get one of the Milwaukee packout kits for the drive to Indy this summer in case something happened, but COVID nixed that idea
Yeah. That would make it a hard pass for me. LOL

I'd rather get a between the rails box and use a cargo bar to keep it in place.
Only thing I could think of is adding Velcro. The one I used for installing my bed rug was industrial and apparently very 2 inches holds 10 lbs. but that would probably mess with your bed rug also

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The only thing I plan on having right now is my Adam’s trunk kit lol wife got it for me

1 - 20 of 45 Posts