Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
You really dont want 12 point. There are more than a hand full of the bolts that you cannot get the boxed end of the wrench on the header bolt head. You can't use the open end of the wrench on a 12 point head.

·
Vendor
4,138 Posts
You really dont want 12 point. There are more than a hand full of the bolts that you cannot get the boxed end of the wrench on the header bolt head. You can't use the open end of the wrench on a 12 point head.
+1 I wish I had a dollar for each time I cussed putting chris's percy locking fastners...... I had to make my own tool to get them.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I am finished with 12 pts. on the new engine...Has anyone tried running studs with Cannon headers?...If they will work, I will be going stock studs and bolts.

·
sonic blue ftw
1,103 Posts
I used the percys bolts with my long tubes. Cussed them more taking them off than installing. I got some Allen headed bolts from mcmaster Carr and used them when I put my manifolds back on

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
those look pretty clean.... wonder how much of a pain they would be to remove after you install them.

i can see those allen holes rounding out in a heartbeat

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
On my new build I used 12 point bolts and a wobble head socket. I was able to tighten up every bolt with the socket. On the old build I had the Percy 6 point Allen head locking bolts and thought they were a PITA.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
What header you are using also makes a huge difference in bolt access. The Kooks are one of the harder headers to get to all of the bolts. Dynatech are pretty easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Ride The
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing