Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
You really dont want 12 point. There are more than a hand full of the bolts that you cannot get the boxed end of the wrench on the header bolt head. You can't use the open end of the wrench on a 12 point head.

·
Banned
4,138 Posts
You really dont want 12 point. There are more than a hand full of the bolts that you cannot get the boxed end of the wrench on the header bolt head. You can't use the open end of the wrench on a 12 point head.
+1 I wish I had a dollar for each time I cussed putting chris's percy locking fastners...... I had to make my own tool to get them.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I am finished with 12 pts. on the new engine...Has anyone tried running studs with Cannon headers?...If they will work, I will be going stock studs and bolts.

·
sonic blue ftw
1,103 Posts
I used the percys bolts with my long tubes. Cussed them more taking them off than installing. I got some Allen headed bolts from mcmaster Carr and used them when I put my manifolds back on

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
those look pretty clean.... wonder how much of a pain they would be to remove after you install them.

i can see those allen holes rounding out in a heartbeat

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
On my new build I used 12 point bolts and a wobble head socket. I was able to tighten up every bolt with the socket. On the old build I had the Percy 6 point Allen head locking bolts and thought they were a PITA.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
What header you are using also makes a huge difference in bolt access. The Kooks are one of the harder headers to get to all of the bolts. Dynatech are pretty easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts