Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a Sony MEX-XB100BT to do a simple audio install. This is the new 100x4 unit that can require a dedicated power wire. My question is, what is the fuse rating for the factory head unit power wire and where is it located.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I appreciate it. I decided to go ahead and be sure I'm getting the power I want. I guess at this point it might have been easier to go ahead and install an amp, but at least this way is technically saving some weight. Lol.

·
Pilsung
366 Posts
Nice one.
In most cases, you want to match the fuse rating that is on the back of the head unit.
Nothing wrong with running dedicated wires and you could always run a harness adaptor using the factory wiring to power that unit you chose also. Few options.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one.
In most cases, you want to match the fuse rating that is on the back of the head unit.
Nothing wrong with running dedicated wires and you could always run a harness adaptor using the factory wiring to power that unit you chose also. Few options.
With this particular head unit having the built in class d amplifier I just want to make sure I don't have to tear it out and do this later. That's just a 10 gauge wire with a 15 amp inline fuse. The head unit came with a pretty heft fuse block and a 15 amp fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts