Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any photos of an HD with 18" lightning wheels? I'm really thinking about picking up a set and want to see how they look on the HD's.

· NO SPONSORS
5,683 Posts
There was a guy on Facebook who did the 01-02 in a 20" and had them powder coated black. I personally thought it looked good. I think anything smaller then 20s look weird on the hd though.

· Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,415 Posts
There was a guy on Facebook who did the 01-02 in a 20" and had them powder coated black. I personally thought it looked good. I think anything smaller then 20s look weird on the hd though.
That's actually my feeling Rich. The 18's on a bulkier HD almost starts to look ricer unless you're running big balloons not low profile 45's. You HD guys can run 22's and they look great, maybe 24's but I don't recall seeing one with 24's.

Mike

· Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,724 Posts
calling it ricer is a FAR stretch! It may not look quite at home if the tire size isn't right, but it's nowhere near ricer.

With the right stance and right tire combo they can look pretty badazz, especially since you can't get a decent sized 20" tire with a DR, but you can in an 18"

· Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Been running 18's on my HD for a long time **** the heavy ass 20's. Proper stance and lowering is all you need to good. When I get a chance I'll have to get pics of the 18" Boyds I have on it now.

Attachments

· 11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,070 Posts
This is my truck on my 00 now Im running 04

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.