Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaaaaand I'm finally an owner again!
Well, THAT only took about 6 more years. haha
I'm now the proud 3rd owner of 2002 Supercharged Harley-Davidson™ F-150 Super Crew #6043 (DSG)!!
It's only got 60k on the clock and has been kept meticulously stock, replacing maintenance parts (wipers, one battery, etc.) with only Motorcraft parts.
With the new one I gained: a sunroof, side mirror indicators, towing package, sliding rear window.
It's like a NEW pair of comfy old shoes. I couldn't be happier.
The nightmare of NOT owning a Harley truck is over.

I get back in a Harley truck and learn there's one more site (and about eleventy billion FB pages) to talk Harley truck.
(Now, with the return to Harley truckdom - if I could only find my old pard "Fuzion" here waiting for me again. *sigh*
Where's ole Harley#356/Josh nowadays anyway? I've got SO MUCH catching up to do...)

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back, congrats! Truck looks clean. :smt023
^ Woohoo! A North Texas person!

I feel REALLY out of touch now. Back in '04, Blake (Fuzion) and I got a little fledgling Harley Truck group (THT - Texas Harley Trucks) barely rolling when I foolishly sold mine. We were inspired by, assisted by and liked to hang with a Lightning group called "TALON". We'd frequently meet up at Bonedaddy's.

What's the Dallas/Ft.Worth/Texas scene look like nowadays?

· Registered
3,683 Posts
Nice clean truck. Josh is always around. not sure how long you've been gone but hes done a million things to his truck.

· Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,724 Posts
welcome back man!!!!

I go on NHTOC once in a blue moon, ever since ownership changed and the new owner is resistant to doing anything that makes the forum easier to use and more user friendly, I've been turned off. Sucks since I put so much into that site with BigD getting it formatted and setup and rolling, to get snubbed by the new owner who tries to just rationalize his decisions yet the participation has only gone way downhill. This site has some drawbacks too, but the activity is here, so this is where I mainly post now days.

6 years huh, so 2009-ish is when you sold? Lets see in '09 I think the fastest I had been was 10.48, unless you left in early 2009 in which case my best was a 10.91 in 2008 and it made 649/692 rwhp/rwtq. Truck has come a loooooong way since! Same motor combo as '08, but dialed in, 10 point 8.50 cert rollcage, lots of seat time, and I broke into the 9's in 2013 with a 9.89 @ 138.78 putting down 789/871. Refreshed the motor that winter, put down 820/875, but snapped a driveshaft, hurt the trans, got back out and ran a 9.88 @ 139.66 on a mild race tune, but before I could push deeper into the 9's I had a suspected injector wiring issue and lost #2 cylinder, so I'm back to square 1. Got a new head slapped on, cleaning up the engine bay, and upgraded from my trust 2.6 KB to a new 3.2 KB. Here's my latest refresh thread with progress from this year...
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296746&highlight=Harley#356+refresh

Good to see ya back!

And RIP Fuzion!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.