1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
hate they don't show any pictures of the parts installed..

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
Didn't Stoff use these? I remember him having to clearance, don't remember for what

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
How much convincing would it take for Paul @ T.I.T.S. to make and sell copies of his turbo header setup?

I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny for headers that are designed to fit a Lightning ($1200? +?), and he has already figured out all of the measurements on his own truck

Attachments

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
^^That would be nice. I don't like how close my driver side one is to the steering shaft.

If I feel like redoing my kit again, I'm gonna make them point back and build the crossover to go by the tranny like George did on Calebs truck.

·
Its just a 2v :]
647 Posts
I'm using their 2v setup since I deduced to go that way on my build an I remember talking to Screaming01L in messages he said
It wont clear the drivers side steering rod. I have both the navi head version and gt head version, unless you are takling about the 2v single turbo kit, thats different, the drivers side goes downward and avoids the steering shaft and box

⚡⚡Turbo power for the win ??⚡⚡

·
Registered
602 Posts
Those are the same ones I'm using on my build. They don't clear the stock steering shaft, but I went with a rack set up and they clear fine now. I would get you a couple of photos, but I'm out of town working at the moment and probably won't be back for at least another few weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What rack setup did you go with?

I spoke with Paul at TITS and he wants nothing to do with a turbo kit, lol. Depending on what heads you're using he might be willing to fabricate a set of exhaust manifolds, but with all of his focus being devoted to builds in his shop, he doesn't have the time readily available to do so.

He gave me alot of valuable information regarding how I should configure my new build and things to take into consideration. Much appreciated!

--Matt

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
I hate to hear that.
I'm not personally interested in a kit, just the headers. I feel like everyones hot side preferences are different, so headers is all anyone would really want.
Maybe one day.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
How much convincing would it take for Paul @ T.I.T.S. to make and sell copies of his turbo header setup?

I'd be willing to pay a pretty penny for headers that are designed to fit a Lightning ($1200? +?), and he has already figured out all of the measurements on his own truck
I would as well now that I'm for sure commited with my turbo build and already have my GT heads.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
How soon do you guys need a set of turbo manifolds and how much are you guys willing to pay for a set?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
How soon do you guys need a set of turbo manifolds and how much are you guys willing to pay for a set?
I am in no rush, infact I want to put the new steering stuff in which might change things anyways so I'll have to make a custom set up most likely anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I'm going to wait until I drop the motor in and my fabrication guy sees how much room I do/don't have left.

I originally wanted to have a set of manifolds, turbo, wastegates, BPV, and I/C all purchased so all he had to do is piece them up, but I'm not sure anymore if I'm going to do forward facing manifold on the driver side or not anymore. May to the loop around the back like Georgia C did on Bagged's (I think?) truck. I hear too many issues with just 2V motors and clearance, my 4V swap may become even more of an issue.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Shouldn't have too much of an issue with the single snail. I have a smaller set of twins mounted with stock idler bracket. So things are super tight.

If you are looking for something quick then those aren't bad. I think a custom set would be better for fitment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
No biggie... Im still making a set for my truck figured id make copies of it but guess not.. I swapped to 4v so won't work for the 2v guys. Im using custom manifold flanges and 321 stainless tubing. I went with twin precision turbos. Ill post pics of the manifolds when i get them done.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,657 Posts
I have treadstones on my DOHC...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
No biggie... Im still making a set for my truck figured id make copies of it but guess not.. I swapped to 4v so won't work for the 2v guys. Im using custom manifold flanges and 321 stainless tubing. I went with twin precision turbos. Ill post pics of the manifolds when i get them done.
:bigtu would love to see ..some day i am gonna go 4v set up ....and i think my tread stones would be a draw back

1 - 20 of 21 Posts