Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about sound deadening (dynomat) and blacking out my whole interior with new black carpet, black Lloyd mats, and micro suede seats. I wanted to also wrap my door panels, pods, and headliner with soft cushioned black suede. All interior lights including the switches and dash gauges to be blue, and on the floor when u rest ur feet had blue courtesy lights. My dads M5 inspired this idea and i think it would be phuckin SWEET in our trucks, especially on white.

Has anyone done or have had done custom interior work on thier trucks? any suggestions or recommendations to good interior shops??

Is it easy enough to do it urself with some practice??

Thanks guys

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm going to two tone leather route myself. Heated Navigator seats and Expy console (wrapped lid and map pockets in matching leather) for stage I. If I have enough money left over Thursday when they do the install, I'll have the upholstery guy recover the black weave material in our door panels to match the seats. Stage II will be new leather covered headliner with Navigator sunvisors (they have dual visors, but are too wide to just bolt on, so they will have to wait until I do the headliner). Extra monitor in the passenger side visor for movies on long trips. And probably having a new steering wheel wrap made in matching leather. Best part is - IT'S NOT BLACK! :)

Early on I changed out my door switches to blue leds (I even did a how to here), but they are a little brighter than what they would have been from the factory, so the next go around will be either with different bulbs or with resistors soldiered in as well.

·
Go UNC
987 Posts
Eric (Ride The) has the nicest interior hands down. It's a perfect combination of custom work and maintaining the OEM feel if that makes sense.
+1 One of the nicest interiors ive seen in a Lightning.:bigtu

+1 on E having the nicest interior hands down

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
im thinking of doing the dash crocodile and the seats ostrich with the center console made of rare african white rhyno skin and my floor is goind to be a custom mat of bear fure with humpback whale rubber mats lol

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
I added some flat black accents to the dash when I painted it. Besides that I plan on doing the carpet black & black suede for the headliner & lower accents on the door panels. I'd love to get some micro suede seats as well.

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
...All interior lights including the switches and dash gauges to be blue,and on the floor when u rest ur feet had blue courtesy lights...
I am very interested in that part of it ^^^. So if you get it done, a how-to would be great. :bigtu
I think there is one for the switches but I dont think there is anything about the dash gauges. I want it to go with what I've already got:

Attachments

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
I have a black headliner and visors with black a pillars. Seats are done in grey ultra leather with black square perforated alcantara. Seats and console are from a navigator. Console matches the seats and the door inserts are also wrapped in alcantara ultra suede. Black carpet. All of the interior parts are done in black brushed aluminum by hydrographics. Stereo is painted to match the outside of the truck with an alcantara ultra suede false panel. I have a harley dash I plan to put in soon too. And maybe Harley door panels.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a black headliner and visors with black a pillars. Seats are done in grey ultra leather with black square perforated alcantara. Seats and console are from a navigator. Console matches the seats and the door inserts are also wrapped in alcantara ultra suede. Black carpet. All of the interior parts are done in black brushed aluminum by hydrographics. Stereo is painted to match the outside of the truck with an alcantara ultra suede false panel. I have a harley dash I plan to put in soon too. And maybe Harley door panels.
Which year Navigator did you use? Pics?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.