Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally going to test fit my harwood hood that has been in my garage for over a year. what did you guys do to finish the ruff edge on the bottom where they seperate the mold. there is like an inch of raw fiberglass on the bottom running along the entire edge. did you just sand it smooth? body filler?

·
HemiLOL
2,938 Posts
How good was out of box fitment? Going to test fit and trim mine fm orris.

·
HemiLOL
2,938 Posts
Fm orris wtf damn iPhone lol

"tomorrow"

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
Just took a sander to mine. Ran the lip down and the actual lip WAY on the inside where the seams come together, I left. After its painted up and mounted, you dont really notice it. I have a buddy that took a sander and filler to it, but it started cracking later on down the road. I can snap you some underside pics of mine if you'd like.

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
How good was out of box fitment? Going to test fit and trim mine fm orris.
Out of the box fitment is garbage.. If you want a good one out the box to paint and throw on, go with a Cervinis. Harwoods take alot of work to get right, but you cant beat them when they are done!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
body shop had to trim the edges then seam seal it.

·
Carpe diem
10,819 Posts
My hood required the most trimming on the backstreet clear the wipers and cowl the front was minimal if ur doing it yourself go in small increments u can always take morematerial off

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys
man i hate this hood already. just took it out to inspect before prep and there are freaking spider cracks all along one side of the cowl. so now i have to get that fixed too. nightmare. been waiting 10 weeks for my rims that were supposed to take 6 weeks, this round of modding sucks

·
Bad Mother F'R
2,732 Posts
Yep, sucks man! Did you contact Harwood and see if they would handle it?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i ordered it thru summit over a year ago. this is the third one they send me. i refused the 1st 2 because of shipping damage. the 3rd on had a little chip in the gell coat and i was sick of sending it back so i made the truck driver wait and called summit. they refunded me 80 to 100 can remember and told me they did not want to hear about the hood again. i figured it was a good deal now cuz the chip was along the edge that had to be trimmed anyway. guess i did not notice it and have not looked at the hood in a year. i am guessing i am sol as it has been so long and i have no clue where the receipt is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts