Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to drop the tank a month ago to repair yet another torn Gates hose..... Reinstalled and drove fine for awhile. For the last few days, morning starts have been bad. Turn the key and let prime... Turn over and will not fire. Turn it over again and it finally starts but real choppy then clears. Drives fine after that and will turn over with no problems rest of the day. A/F ratio is spot on through the power band and the pumps are not old at all. I have to drop the tank again when the temp outside cools down (getting raw fuel smell when the rear window is open) and I am wondering if I tightened the fuel hat down enough. Was feeling sick when I did the tank drop and it is possible I might have left some loose. Could this cause the hard start???

Thanks

BTW... I also found my terminals were loose and probably need replacing.... Tightened those as well, but I am not liking the aftermarket terminals. Will change to stock type this weekend. This also could be the reason, but I would think it would do it every time if ti was.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did the ole prime 5 times without turning over this morning and she fired up without a hitch..... Leak down somewhere I guess

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Mine has done that since I installed my new fuel system. Two things I was told to check were the fuel pumps and also the fuel pressure regulator.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has done that since I installed my new fuel system. Two things I was told to check were the fuel pumps and also the fuel pressure regulator.
I am thinking regulator also.... I have the aeromotive and I read somewhere that they fail at a pretty good rate. Guess I need to pull the vac line and inspect for fuel.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Getting ready to install a Kirban regulator on my 02 real soon - heard they'r emuch better than the Aeromotive.........we'll see how that goes.

Bird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts