Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These must be the worst tires I ever purchased....The bald stock Eagles I had gripped more....

I was driving in the rain last night....what a nightmare........talk about Ice Skating.....

Besides for driving in the rain, they are terriable on dry pavement as well....

This thread is for anyone debating on buying them......dont or buy mines :p

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've had zero issues with my all-season hankook ventus and survived and entire winter on them. i don't mind them at all.

i hate to sound harsh but yes you survived...but you almost totaled your L last winter!

Dont blame it on the tires, blame it on the HORSEPOWER! [smilie=3g[/QUOTE]

haaaa.....
:rockon_ford

·
Dam it feels good to be a Gangsta
511 Posts
I have a set of 295/45/20s on my HD and live in South Florida where it rains all summer and no issues here. They dont grip well at the track but for a DD they are fine. Handle well on the wet and dry. Granted my truck weighs a lot more than most Ls Im probably nearing 6000lbs.

·
Hit the Pace Car!
2,610 Posts
Hankooks actually hook the best in the rain for me...now dry is a different story. I run the hankooks during the winter and nittos during the summer.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I bought mine because I was tired of buying a new set of tires every year or so. THey are holding up great, and its expected to not have that much traction with a harder compond, whats the wear rating on these things 420 or something?

I will agree that they do break traction pretty easy, especially if you are built. No really something you wanna race around in, unless you want to show off doing burnouts or something

·
Registered
253 Posts
These must be the worst tires I ever purchased....The bald stock Eagles I had gripped more....

I was driving in the rain last night....what a nightmare........talk about Ice Skating.....

Besides for driving in the rain, they are terriable on dry pavement as well....

This thread is for anyone debating on buying them......dont or buy mines :p

I will trade you 2 goodyear eagle F1's for 2 of your hankooks :bigtu

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll sell or trade......

Iam gonna throw up for sale $700 the set. full thread. i'll even mount and balance for $50

·
GOT BOOST!
2,813 Posts
love my Kooks ST's i ran a 12.65 on them earlier this year. yes they break wind but i like it win your rolling 35 mph and you smoke um peeps are like DAYYYYYUMMMMMM:bigtu course mines no DD .

·
Registered
707 Posts
Had my Hankooks 3 years now... Awesome tire for daily driving purposes.

I've done everything from laying the smackdown on some shitty local camaros to making a 170 mile trip in sleet and ice.

Just gotta know when to get on the gas... And when to ease and feather the pedal...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Have ran nothing but hankook ventus on my 02 For almost 5 yrs now and lvoe thme,wear great handle great and are awesome in the snow. Had them on my 02 lightnig and got around better in the sow than i could with my marauder

Joe

·
Registered
410 Posts
HANKOOKS till we die son lol hahaha ive had 4 sets of kooks now and they last 4-ever. the tread design is pretty good, they hook if you heat em up but its not a drag radial either so in all fairness for the price...u cant beat em. they are for the dd guys who live in there lightnings. so if you aint trying to HOOK buy hanKOOK...boom!

·
I <3 my Honda
2,845 Posts
for the price... I couldn't be more happy. I mean you get what you pay for...but they are comparable to some tires that are a hell of a lot more... They surprised me when I got through some pretty heavy snow last year in them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts