Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem if im at a light and when it goes green if i punch it. it takes .5 second of hesitation then lights the tires up and off she goes.

what do i have to do to fix this problem

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,065 Posts
Go on yellow.. If you see green, your sleeping.

Could be your injector timing.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,121 Posts
Excessive slack in the throttle cable. My Ranger had that problem. Remove the cable from the linkage. Put a tie-wrap around the belt path. Re-install cable. No more delayed throttle response.

·
Old Guys Rule
74 Posts
I just assumed it took a half second to build enough boost to make any real horsepower...starting out from idle anyway...

May need to check the TPS voltage....

Just some thoughts...

Cecil

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go on yellow.. If you see green, your sleeping.

Could be your injector timing.
i meant a street light if your going on yellow you just missed the whole green light

was turning left and had a gap open but it take a half second for truck to respond

its not slack in the cable its intermittent problem. and when i put it in gear or reverse some time the rpm drop down to like 500 and want to stall out.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Is it doing what your avatar is doing?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes just the split second it takes to actually go. then its normal. my wot is tuned much better then my DD

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Tune

·
Registered
759 Posts
A simply tune-up can do wonders, I recently removed the blower to clean the intercooler , and also change plugs while I was in there with decent access, and she runs much better. It's kind of funny how tune up items dwindle slowly enough you really don't hardly notice how much they have dwindled until you drive it after the tune-up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts