Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running into a bit of a problem with my Big O...I have a JDM Powertube that won't go over the lip on the Big O...I have checked into silicone elbow's but the only come in 4'' and 4.5'' as far as I have found...Can anyone come up with a solution for this dilemna...Jerry is very close to starting up, checked the oil pressure yesterday by turning him over with the fuel pump fuse and no plugs...Saw oil in the heads so I am good there...Since I am not running the oil cooler anymore, I need to get rid of the two small lines that went to the oil cooler...Thinking about using a U shaped piece there...Besides that he is ready to fire...I am considering duct tape for the silicone elbow, desperate.

·
Not Fast Enough
1,932 Posts
No duct tape. You're going to have to force it on there. No other way around it. Get the smallest flatehead screwdriver you have and just start working your way around the coupler over the throttle body. I had the same issue.

Edit: I have a 4.5' coupler by the way

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
I am running into a bit of a problem with my Big O...I have a JDM Powertube that won't go over the lip on the Big O...I have checked into silicone elbow's but the only come in 4'' and 4.5'' as far as I have found...Can anyone come up with a solution for this dilemna...Jerry is very close to starting up, checked the oil pressure yesterday by turning him over with the fuel pump fuse and no plugs...Saw oil in the heads so I am good there...Since I am not running the oil cooler anymore, I need to get rid of the two small lines that went to the oil cooler...Thinking about using a U shaped piece there...Besides that he is ready to fire...I am considering duct tape for the silicone elbow, desperate.

Crewsy,
I had the same problem with my JLP fiberglass elbow. Without doing some glass work I will not be able to use it. To get it up and running I decided to use the factory one for now. Plus it looks like it may be bigger than the JLP internally. I know that I have seen people using the 4.5 inch silicone. I am guessing that it stretches. I know I had to stretch the factory one.

·
Registered
812 Posts
hey man i have the big 0 and the jdm powertube both are not on my truck and i bought a rem intake 90mm which came with this rubber cuppler i had it sitting all together and then i grabbed the jdm tube and i got the rubber cuppler over the tube and tb no problem. it may work better to take the tb off the truck and put it together that way.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
I know with the whipple silcone boot it was hard to get it over the lip of the TB

·
Not Fast Enough
1,932 Posts
I had the TB on the truck and worked the coupler around it. Then the tube.

Whats the diameter of the power tube?

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I ended up dumping the JLP tube for a AF1 tube because of that very problem. I had to use a thin putty knife to get the silicone over. I would think a 4.5 would be to big maybe not though. Using the JLP setup though was not an option and I refused to hack it up to fit.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts
is anyone running a Big O and an Air Force One inlet tube??

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My old setup was the Big O and the Air Force One Stoff...I had no problem getting it to work...I tried my stocker tonight and it fits on the Big O, so I may start out with it until I get it straightened out...Matt, does that 4.5 fit fine on yours?

·
Administrator
18,748 Posts
Sorry to hear the Powertube is not playing nice with the TB. If you want, I have a AF1 tube here that I ran before the Powertube. Sell the Powertube and make me an offer if you want it. But the Powertube flows more! I would find a way to use it if it were me.

Jim

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know, it is oval shaped and I'm not smart enough to figure out how that compares to a circle...It is like 5.5 wide and 3.50 tall at the highest point, or numbers close to that anyway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.