Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha I knew it....

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/52009-perennially-delayed-gran-turismo-5-is-pushed-backagain

Despite finally making a hard release date announcement after years of patience from fans, Sony has to push back the release of Gran Turismo 5 due to last-minute production issues.
So the racing game that fans have been waiting on since the launch of the PS3 in 2006, will miss its scheduled November 2 release date.

One of the earliest downloadable titles on the PS3 was a game called Gran Turismo HD Concept. That led people to think that a full-fledged Gran Turismo game in high definition was coming soon. That was not the case.
Instead of releasing Gran Turismo 5 anytime soon, Sony decided to put out a version that had the basic infrastructure in place but without most of the features yet developed. That game was called Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
Since then, fans of the series have been riddled with false release date expectations, continued hype and anticipation, and eventual disappointment.
That all seemed to change at E3 over the summer, when Sony promised it had finally nailed down a release date for the final version of Gran Turismo 5 - November 2.
But now, with November 2 approaching, Sony says, "Wait. We're still not done."
However, the Playstation company still says it should be out in time for the holidays. We'll see about that.
Gran Turismo has earned the designation as one of the most realistic driving simulation game franchises of all time. After years of lofty goals and marketing speak about Gran Turismo 5, this game has an entire mountain of anticipation to live up to.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30956/Gran_Turismo_5_Brakes_In_The_Home_Stretch_Delayed_To_Holiday_Season.php

It was already reputed for its unusually long development period, and now it seems fans will have to wait yet a bit longer for Sony and Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo 5. Originally slated for a November 2 release, the title's been pushed back to a nonspecific "this holiday season."

The news comes via the official PlayStation Blog, in a statement from Sony Computer Entertainment America producer Taku Imasaki. "We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay," he writes. "However, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Although the delay announcement comes from SCEA, Sony's since confirmed to numerous media outlets that it applies globally. The game was first revealed at E3 2006, with two years of time already behind it; by 2009, series producer Kazunori Yamauchi said Sony had invested $60 million in its development over five years.

When it showed at E3 in 2009, fans and media believed a launch was reasonably imminent; it was expected in Spring of this year for some time before the November date was officially decided.

At that time Yamauchi also said five years "doesn't seem like that long a time," given the console transition. The team needed to discard Gran Turismo 4's code and start from scratch, he said: "That's the amount of time it takes to get it right."

The racing franchise has long been defining to Sony's brand and platform, reputed for its special attention to graphical fidelity and vehicle simulation. From a marketing perspective, installments in the franchise have borne the implicit mandate to push tech and visual barriers since its universally-impressive 1997 debut.

As of December 2009, the franchise in total had sold 55.45 million units, solidifying it as one of gaming's top-selling properties.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
bad ass info, wonder if it will be as good at they say it will n if the graphics will be that amazing, but we'll just have to wait.. if it is that good i will get it lol..

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
I heard it was 2 more weeks.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,544 Posts
this is the only reason I haven't purchased a PS3 yet...

I'm still playing GT3 and GT4 on my PS2 until this comes out

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Makes me wonder how reliable some of these reports are. Why delay a game less than a month out an risk losing a lot of preorders for a 3 day delay?

This close to release the game is already finalized and recorded to disk. Its just sitting in an undisclosed warehouse waiting to be shipped. What possibly could have gone wrong to warrant a delay 3 weeks from release? Possibly GT5 didnt want to compete with the release of some upcoming blockbusters COD:BO, Fallout: New Vegas and MOH. Im sure Im forgetting a couple of big titles.

·
Longest Lasting Fly-by Nighter Ever
22,582 Posts
Makes me wonder how reliable some of these reports are. Why delay a game less than a month out an risk losing a lot of preorders for a 3 day delay?

This close to release the game is already finalized and recorded to disk. Its just sitting in an undisclosed warehouse waiting to be shipped. What possibly could have gone wrong to warrant a delay 3 weeks from release? Possibly GT5 didnt want to compete with the release of some upcoming blockbusters COD:BO, Fallout: New Vegas and MOH. Im sure Im forgetting a couple of big titles.
GT5 delay wont keep anyone from buying it whose gonna buy it. its not like theres a competitor thats gonna be almost as good. not like COD vs. MOH or anything of the sort.

it wont affect sales by a single 1.

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GT5 delay wont keep anyone from buying it whose gonna buy it. its not like theres a competitor thats gonna be almost as good. not like COD vs. MOH or anything of the sort.

it wont affect sales by a single 1.
Ill agree it wont affect it much but to say it wont affect it one bit is false. Loosing pre orders is a big deal. Ive seriously thought about selling my PS3 and saying fck GT5 and Im sure Im not the only one that feels that way.

·
Amsoil Dealer
3,381 Posts
Great more delays. They have invested $60 Million? That is alot of money, hopefully they make a profit with all the delays.

·
Longest Lasting Fly-by Nighter Ever
22,582 Posts
Ill agree it wont affect it much but to say it wont affect it one bit is false. Loosing pre orders is a big deal. Ive seriously thought about selling my PS3 and saying fck GT5 and Im sure Im not the only one that feels that way.
yes

and then as soon as it came out youd be buying another ps3 lol

they know we're gamer junkies and cant resist lol

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes

and then as soon as it came out youd be buying another ps3 lol

they know we're gamer junkies and cant resist lol
Doubt it. I havent used it in two years if I sold it I certainly woulndt rebuy one just so I can play a game that Ill get tired of after 2 weeks of game play.

Black ops and Fallout will consume enough of my time. :laughing25

1 - 19 of 19 Posts