Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a set of PLenum spacers made out of 6061 Aluminum. The thickness was 1/2" or .502" to be more precise. There was some interest in them when I listed them for sale because I was going to have something different made for myself.

More pictures here. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81033

These are cut on a waterjet and are very accurate. They match the factory gasket almost exactly. They are raw aluminum and they can be painted or polished if you desire. I clean up all the edges with 1000 grit wet sandpaper to ensure that they are flat and I glassbead the edges so they are clean.

I am going to offer these for $145 shipped. I will only be doing one run of 20 of the spacers since it is not cost effective to do small batches. If anyone wants one, please let me know. I will require 1/2 of the payment up front since I do not want to lay out the full 2K + to have these made. If for some reason you buy more than one, then there is a $15 dollar discount because that is what a flat rate box costs to ship. I will provide shipping confirmation once they have shipped.

I am told that factory bolts will work with a 1/2 spacer. The only thing you will need is an additional gasket. I have not looked into the price of these but I can if there is enough interest.

The main reason people run these is because it increases your plenum volume and allows the air to transition from the bottom of the intercooler to the intake runners easier. There are a few fast trucks on here that have had these in their combos for years. Any questions, please let me know or shoot me a PM if you want to be purchase one.
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
These are a no brainer

Put me down for 2

·
Registered
537 Posts
Put me down for one also ive ben lookin at getting one made but if you already did the r and d then it sounds good to me

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will close out the group by next Wednesday and place the order then. Expect about 2 weeks after that until they would be delivered.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evening Bump! Thought there was more people that said they wanted these, thats why I put this together.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Evening Bump! Thought there was more people that said they wanted these, thats why I put this together.
May be most just go to the gen 2 section

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be cool if you offered longer bolts and make it a kit

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
But you don't need longer bolts.

By kit, do you mean a gasket? I said in the first post that I would look into that if people asked for it. I am trying to keep the price low for people. Its only $130 for the spacer and then shipping is $15 with a flat rate box.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

By kit, do you mean a gasket? I said in the first post that I would look into that if people asked for it. I am trying to keep the price low for people. Its only $130 for the spacer and then shipping is $15 with a flat rate box.

For those not in the know they are more than twice this with other vendors. I looked at getting a batch made and i couldn't even get a lot down this low.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts

you will need to get on the USPS.com website and order the "Game Board Flat Rate" boxes. It takes forever for delivery. $15 and it's big enough for a midplate.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you will need to get on the USPS.com website and order the "Game Board Flat Rate" boxes. It takes forever for delivery. $15 and it's big enough for a midplate.

Thanks, That was my plan. I looked all around for shipping pricing and that was the best unless it was going local. Finding boxes to fit otherwise was a PITA unless I shipped FEDEX express Large boxes.

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Well you can count me in for a free one. I'll cover shipping, although I shouldn't have to. I'm just a nice guy.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts